Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic card stamp duty

Options
  • 19-02-2008 8:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭

Not a rant (although.....)

Does anyone know....when the government charge the stamp duty in January, does it relate to the previous period or the forthcoming one? And at what point in the year is the charging cut-off?

Example, I have an account with a card on it that I want to use right now but want to hand back towards the end of the year. Assuming the charging is in arrears then I will pay next January for having the card now. If I want to close out the account, when do I have to do so to avoid paying a further charge for the card in Jan 2010?. Is it 31st December?

No-one in my bank was able to answer this, I did try!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Charged on previous year i.e charge in januarary 2008 was for 2007. If you don't want to pay in 2010 don't use it past Dec 31st 2008.

Same applies for credit card stamp but thats charged in april.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Advertisement