Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

leggings as pants

• 19-02-2008 8:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Im seeing this more and more. girls wearing leggings on there own, ie. with a short top not a skirt or dress!!!

Why oh why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

saw this yesterday........it looks awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭lilly07

its rotten....

The way i see it is, its either for teenage girls or women with fat legs and trying to hide them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

Hideous hideous :eek: I blame Lindsay lohan who lives in them :confused: Also, about the fat women hiding their legs WHY they do the OPPOSITE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Ha ha Ive noticed this for a good while now and it looks terrible!! ick!! cover up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Grand when they're wearing a dress but with just a t-shirt it looks ridiculous, like they're wearing pyjamas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Which is another fauz pax Ive been seeing a lot recently!! PJs are for bed and at home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭pheby

Defo a no no!! if you are gonna do it you have to have a perfect figure!!

But ive yet to see someone who can pull it off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

I just think it looks so strange!! Its like they forgot to put on their skirt or something?! Its almost like just wearing tights and a top! not to mention the possiblities of camel toe...*shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

The possibility of camel toe :D:D:D:D with all these VALID reasons against leggings why are they everywhere? :eek: I also hear that clothes emblazoned with stars are a new trend, they just remind me of emo 14 year olds who could model for H & M :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 smurphyk

Serpentine wrote: »
    The possibility of camel toe :D:D:D:D with all these VALID reasons against leggings why are they everywhere? :eek: I also hear that clothes emblazoned with stars are a new trend, they just remind me of emo 14 year olds who could model for H & M :rolleyes:

Yeah whats with that, is emo the new fashion or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭CrazyPolly

I know I'm on my own here but I quite like leggings on their own. Not with short tops but with long t-shirts and jumpers I think it looks good. I've been wearing them quite often lately and I'm no size 6....slim enough though. I think as with all clothes it depends on the person....
    smurphyk wrote: »
    Yeah whats with that, is emo the new fashion or something?
    Where have you been the last 2 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭pheby

CrazyPolly wrote: »
    I know I'm on my own here but I quite like leggings on their own. Not with short tops but with long t-shirts and jumpers I think it looks good. I've been wearing them quite often lately and I'm no size 6....slim enough though. I think as with all clothes it depends on the person....

Where have you been the last 2 years?

So you reckon you look good in leggings worn on there own. Hmmmm

Picture maybe?

Ehhh I don't really want to post pictures of myself. I like the anonymity....but I have a few photos of non-celebrities who are of pretty average size who I think look good...

One more photo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

It's ok once their crotch is actually covered. If it's not, it looks awful - e.g. top row, 2nd from the right.

FashionWeekfall08.1.jpg

That is truly awful...and that's on a 6ft tall, stunning blonde model....I dread to imagine how an average person would look. In fairness though, they're metallic gold....c'mon like.
    I agree that if you follow the "once it covers the tush" rule and avoid the metallic gold, then you're fine. Oh and if you're legs aren't too big...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

so this the other day on a very tall and thin person. still awful!!

Advertisement