Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

04 nissan almera

Options
  • 19-02-2008 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

howdy folks,

looking at buying a nissan almera 1.5 hatchback with 66k miles on it.

just wondering if they have any faults etc that i should look out for...

the car is cheap (4500€) as its an ex company car.

does anybody have any experience with these? are servicing cost expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I have an 03.

The head light surround can melt but Nissan replace these for free as its a safety issue. So check if one light is brighter than the other or screw off the rear panel on the headlights to check.

Timing chain are known to have issues but I think that was mainly on older models? Open to correction on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

whats the average service cost on one of these? how are they on fuel?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 plunkettrebel

I have a 05 almera h/b, the last service cost me €180. Very happy with the car, Get about 36mpg around town up to 40mpg going long trips. recommended service interval 9000 miles. Shop around for tyres there isn't a great selection of tyres available. I got Continentals for @ €90 each last month. BFGoodrich would have cost €130. Matador I think were around €75. The timing chain shouldn't give any trouble, pure sign they are giving up the ghost trouble if you can hear it rattling.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They have a tendancy to eat timing chains prematurely. Look out for rattling noises that might indicate that its stretched.

edit: ^^^ that'll teach me to go wandering around in another tab before hitting submit :)

Advertisement