Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contacting a chic through bebo,help.....

• 19-02-2008 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Personal issues maybe?

*edit*: Cursed time warp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Swindon

Ok guys,

So here goes,i was on bebo yesterday and was curious about a girl i used to work with and fancy so did a search and hey presto,shes still looking as gorgeous as ever such a great smile too...anyway at the time of working together i was going out with a girl so nothing ever happened although we did talk often during work and when we did god i just wanted to kiss her,now not sounding big headed but i know she was interested at the time cause few people said it to me...they noticed the way we looked at each other from across a room for example...so anyway back to the bebo thing and the main point being i dont want it to look stalkerish if i just leave her a comment or invite as a friend after say,god must be 3 years and i dont know any of her friends on the list so what should i do...she only lives a 5 min drive from where i live although according to her bebo site shes in kilkenny now doing some course(haha what am i like)she would be down home often enough so that could be my chance to do coffee drinks etc...should i leave her a nice comment on bebo or just forget it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Ah leave a message!!

Who knows what might come of it....but if she doesn't reply or if she's 'polite' in her reply you need to accept it's a non-starter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Swindon wrote: »
    Ok guys,

So here goes,i was on bebo yesterday and was curious about a girl i used to work with and fancy so did a search and hey presto,shes still looking as gorgeous as ever such a great smile too...anyway at the time of working together i was going out with a girl so nothing ever happened although we did talk often during work and when we did god i just wanted to kiss her,now not sounding big headed but i know she was interested at the time cause few people said it to me...they noticed the way we looked at each other from across a room for example...so anyway back to the bebo thing and the main point being i dont want it to look stalkerish if i just leave her a comment or invite as a friend after say,god must be 3 years and i dont know any of her friends on the list so what should i do...she only lives a 5 min drive from where i live although according to her bebo site shes in kilkenny now doing some course(haha what am i like)she would be down home often enough so that could be my chance to do coffee drinks etc...should i leave her a nice comment on bebo or just forget it?

Link, or she doesn't exist :D

Seriously, loadsa people I haven't seen in years have contacted me randomly on facebook. I've never thought it was weird.
    Do it, man. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

i had a similar story to this, kind of, I used to be on bebo but got rid of it when my facebook addiction took over. Anyway, on facebook, got a friend request from some guy i had kissed about 2 years prior, hadn't a clue who it was, I knew his first name only, he had also sent me an email telling me who he was, how was I getting on etc etc, so I added him as a friend, we chat on msn, he is cohabiting with his girlfriend. I don't talk to him regularly and its sporadic on msn, so i moved him so he can only see my limited profile.

Just email her through bebo, risk it for a biscuit, hi, blah blah blah, remember me, fancy a coffee blah blah blah. If she says no, what can you do, but if she says yes :D go for it and good luck

dont know how to phrase it though.egggh hi xxxxx just stumbled across your profile! Ya likely story hmmmmm il have to think about this one or maybe im reading into it too much...

• Advertisement

i had a similar story to this, kind of, I used to be on bebo but got rid of it when my facebook addiction took over. Anyway, on facebook, got a friend request from some guy i had kissed about 2 years prior, hadn't a clue who it was, I knew his first name only, he had also sent me an email telling me who he was, how was I getting on etc etc, so I added him as a friend, we chat on msn, he is cohabiting with his girlfriend. I don't talk to him regularly and its sporadic on msn, so i moved him so he can only see my limited profile.

Just email her through bebo, risk it for a biscuit, hi, blah blah blah, remember me, fancy a coffee blah blah blah. If she says no, what can you do, but if she says yes :D go for it and good luck

i wont mention about doing coffee in first msg or should i? Maybe test the water first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

maybe that's why she has left it on public view? waiting for you to show up!!
    that's what social networking sites are all about, finding people you have lost touch with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

dont know how to phrase it though.egggh hi xxxxx just stumbled across your profile! Ya likely story hmmmmm il have to think about this one or maybe im reading into it too much...

I get a lot of messages that say hey tallaght01, hows u? Long time no speak. How you doin? Where you working now? Hope all's well. Drop me a line an dlet me know how you're doing. Would be good to catch up" etc etc blah blah.

It ain't difficult, dude. If she really liked you, it won't matter a hell of a lot what you say. Though, I agree, I wouldn't go asking her out jut yet :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Just drop her a line.. Say something like "Hey! Long time no see. How's tricks?"

If she asks where you found her, just say you spotted her profile on the main page or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

dlofnep wrote: »

If she asks where you found her, just say you spotted her profile on the main page or something.

spoken like a true stalker :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

thought about something similar my self, seen that bebo had a sevice where you could see whos on bebo by it scaning your email addresses, have a few addresses from people who i havn't seen or spoke to in a while, and bebo came back with results for them

now if i was to leave a message on them, even though it would be totally inocent, ie, 'long time no see, hows things,' would still feel weird, approaching them it that way, or either i'm just not used to bebo, hardly ever look at my page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Find out where she lives/works so you can sniff her bicycle seat to find out if shes in heat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

sure whats the worst that could happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Send her private mail, you will be amazed the amount of people that stalk peoples profiles on what they are doing/saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Just do it.

I have a friend who fancied some random girl on bebo. He left her a comment along the lines, 'heya, haven't seen you in years, how are you doing?' even though he had never met her or even spoken to her, yer woman obviously thought she'd just forgotten about him or something coz she wrote back with something similar and they ended up meeting up and going out for a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

halfinch wrote: »
    sure whats the worst that could happen?

Famous last words....

To the OP just send what others have said. "Long time no see what you up to?" If she finds it wierd then who cares? She won't respond and it won't matter.

Yip! Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭dubdcugirly

Do it (but just saw the above post...so WELL DONE!)

No matter what people say its a great way of starting things be it relationship or friendship!

I only knew my now boyfriend through a friend of a friend...we started bebo-ing and next time we say each other conversation began easily and a year on we are still happily together!! So good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ah you're looking in to it far too much, relax, lots of people have gotten in touch with me on Bebo from years ago, everyone does it. Good luck ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Malteaser! wrote: »
    Just do it.

I have a friend who fancied some random girl on bebo. He left her a comment along the lines, 'heya, haven't seen you in years, how are you doing?' even though he had never met her or even spoken to her, yer woman obviously thought she'd just forgotten about him or something coz she wrote back with something similar and they ended up meeting up and going out for a few months.

Baaaaahahahaahaha what a legendary move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Yip! Done

Now after all the agonising your going to have to keep us updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

now not sounding big headed but i know she was interested at the time cause few people said it to me...they noticed the way we looked at each other from across a room for example

Ever notice on American Idol there is the fool who goes on and makes a balls of it. Then Simon Cowell asks if anyone ever told them they were good. They reply something along the lines of "Yeah, my maw says I am really good"

That is what the OP reminded me of. I don't know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

email her with something like: wanna play sex? giggigty giggigty giggigty:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 meremortal

Update us on how it goes!! Just remembered - Rosanna Davidson (AKA miss world) met her boyf Quirkey or whatever his name is through bebo! He made a comment about her being hot.... they hooked up.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Link, or she doesn't exist :D

Seriously, loadsa people I haven't seen in years have contacted me randomly on facebook. I've never thought it was weird.
    Do it, man. Good luck.
    Jesus I must be in a giggly mood, that's two threads and two lols. Lollage city. Sweet.

Advertisement