Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

XS Direct Insurance

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Ive a mate with XS who had to make a theft claim of a DC5,sure enough paid the 4k excess (car was originally purchased for 22k,had to fight to get 17k out of them even though market price was still around 21.5k)

They also operate as par quinn where a claim is a claim regardless of fault,so if you car was stolen and you previously had 4years Ncb,itd be reduced to 0 at renewal with a different company

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Stufinnegan

that's fair enough, but how much was the quote (and how old are you?)

at 25 I needed 3 years NCB before any company I tried would quote and even then the quote was over 2k

I'm 33, the quote when I was still on my prov. was €1280 Fully Comp. This was reduced to €800 when I got my full license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hot4teacher

I'm looking at XS myself as I have no no-claims, just named on my wife's insurance. Quinn would not even quote me and that's who I'm currently on, so at the moment XS is the best deal for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

I'm looking at XS myself as I have no no-claims, just named on my wife's insurance. Quinn would not even quote me and that's who I'm currently on, so at the moment XS is the best deal for me

I have an RX8 and Quinn wouldn't touch me either. I'm with AIB/ Hibernian now and I've found them very competitive.

Rigal, how much is your insurance?

I'm looking at an RX8 myself. With XS and a stupidly high excess I can get insured for about 500, or if I bring the excess down to a grand, it's 1100 for me and my wife.

Just loan paperwork to finalise now and then I'm off to UK a week monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

Rigal, how much is your insurance?

I'm looking at an RX8 myself. With XS and a stupidly high excess I can get insured for about 500, or if I bring the excess down to a grand, it's 1100 for me and my wife.

Just loan paperwork to finalise now and then I'm off to UK a week monday

It's €1300. I can't remember what the excess is. I'll check it out.

You must be loving these GBP/€ FX movements!:D

Just checked my online banking and the loan is in there now!!

Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Rob C

if you go with xs ,basically you're saying ' i just want to insured and if i write the car off i wont be claiming because I'll have to pay the first 4k excess'

for the record they quoted me 3300 with a 4k excess on the m3??? i went to britton insurance and got it for 1600 fully comp....scam artists those xs boys. taking advantage of people who find it hard to get insured but arent necessarily high risk

Well that's not true in my case. I'm an M3 driver, +30 years old and signed up for €3000 excess for €950. Second year with them now and the renewal is €650.

They're backed by Probus Insurance and the broker is now Arachas in Wexford. Very good people to deal with from my experience, very quick to answer any queries and seem very efficient. I was with Hibernian but their quote for the M3 was ludicrous.

I'm willing to take the risk, if I crash then I'll pay the cost of repairs on my car up to 3K. It's a good way of getting reduced premiums.

Well for me XS is a good solution.
    I have no no-claims and I want to insure a 231BHP RX-8. If I were to insure it in the UK it would cost me 2k stg, and as I don't live there, there could be problems keeping the car here.
    Once I've got a couple of years NCD I can shop around a bit, but until then I'm happy to have a high excess that hopefully I won't need. I've been driving over 20 years without a claim so far and with the excess at 1000 its not too OTT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

Well im 22 and i got a quote off britton and and XS that was almost identical.

22yr old male, student, full licence for a week, 1 years named driver, 1 year NCB, 306hp Mercedes C43....€3,300 with a €4,000 excess. Considering no one else will touch me (probably with good reason) its not that bad. I tried to do a rough comparison on what id be paying in England and i got quoted £5000. A €4000 excess on a car thats only worth €13,000 is scary though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Hi all - I thought I had some home with XS direct, but they only insure 21+.

Here's the story - 19, 1 years no claims and 2 years named driver experience currently paying E1200 for a 1.6l passat with quinn.
    Looking to upgrade to a Bmw 318ci / 323 coupe, but they won't quote.
    Anybody have any further suggestions? I might ring them and just tell them I've already sold my last car and bought this, they have to at least quote me - might stand some change on the 318ci...

Suggestions would be much appreciated!

Advertisement