Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fence Panels / Reed Fence

• 19-02-2008 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I am doing some fencing at my current house I need some help with materials. I priced "lollipop" style fencing at 56 euro plus VAT for a 6ft x 6ft section, can it be obtained for a better price ?

Also where can the rolls of reed style fencing be obtained and any ideas of the price on that ?

Many thanks for your time !

rgs. b..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Fencing has gone crazy prices in recent years.

I recall someone saying here that it was partly due to the demand from China !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

what area are you living
    you could buy the fencce lats your self and make them up
    it would work out cheeper than the 56 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Yeah,

I done some pricing and calculations yesterday, if I cut and nail the pickets myself I can save 50 - 60 % on buying the prefab panels...

Very time consuming but worth the effort just on general principal. I imagine the hiring of a nail gun is a good move for putting up the pickets... all 40 meters of em !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

are these's 'panels' set between concrete posts sitting on a ten/twelve inch plinth .... yea? make sure you have a lathe on the bottom or they will slip down
    and if there not im sure they'll be fine
    let us know how your getting on
    you may want to drill instead of nailing and nail/drill all boards twice...theywon't shift as much

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Try Abwood.ie they've lots to choose from and then phone them and bargain with them a bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 paulkiernan

does any one know how to buy weld meshfencing in from china whats a good site to use to ckeck prices thanks

Advertisement