Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

chris coleman, new coventry boss

• 19-02-2008 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_3162309,00.html

my mate, a coventry fan, is quite upset at coleman's appointment, saying he did quite bad at fulham... i'd say he did well at fulham, little or no money and maintained a comfortable prem position...

anyone got any other pro-coleman opinions i can throw around!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

ditpoker wrote: »

anyone got any other pro-coleman opinions i can throw around!?

he survived a pretty hard car crash? :confused:

oh and he is a former international manager.....was he linked with the Ireland job i wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think you are mistaken there - the fulham job was his first managerial role and went to spain after that.

I think he did well at Fulham. They had a poor spell towards teh end of last season which cost him, but neither Sanchez nor Hodgson have done any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Tauren wrote: »
    I think you are mistaken there - the fulham job was his first managerial role and went to spain after that.
    apologies, i thought he had briefly managed Wales for some reason!! :rolleyes:

gucci wrote: »
    apologies, i thought he had briefly managed Wales for some reason!! :rolleyes:

You must be thinking of Hughes - he took the Wales job first, then went to Blackburn. I think he may have been an assistent or coach in some capacity at Southampton before taking the wales job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I too think he did well at Fulham. Not sure Dowie should have been sacked if this is who the replacement was going to be. But he could do well. Problem is that the squad he is starting with isn't anywhere near good enough for a promotion run. Whether Coleman succeeds or not will probably depend on whether he gets resources to get the right type of players in. We will see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

His win ratio at Fulham was only 37%. I think he's a bit overated tbh. Fulham should have kicked on a bit after a couple of seasons in the PL but they have just gone backwards.

pd101 wrote: »
    His win ratio at Fulham was only 37%. I think he's a bit overated tbh. Fulham should have kicked on a bit after a couple of seasons in the PL but they have just gone backwards.

I don't believe he ever got the backing that would have allowed him to kick on - he didn't get the millions Sanchez did, or the type of money that was spent on Marlet before he arrived.

Maybe they should have been able to do it on a budget, like Bolton did, but i think Big Sam is a better manager for that level than Coleman is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

He did ok at Fulham, never really rated him. But considering where Fulham are now and where they have been since he left, it seems Coleman didn't do such a bad job there after all.

Advertisement