Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New machine, worried about power and graphics problems...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Zulu wrote: »
    QUOTE]

4 gigs of ram is wasted on 32bit operating systems afaik. You need a 64bit vista or xp to avail of all your ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

well spotted! Changed that :)

also - who do they ship with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

dude that looks real nice now!

couldnt tell u who they ship with, but i do know u can only pay through bank transfere or summit. alot of the guys here on boards use them and seemingly they are well above komplett.ie in the business.

good luck with the whole thing anyway.

EDIT: actually, i jus noticed this. youre gonna be using the pc primarily for gaming and wont be overclocking. It would be a better idea to scrap the quad core thing, and go with this instead. itl out perform the q6600 in games by a notacable margin. and its intels newest processor, so +1 to "futureproofing". its youre choice like, the q6600 is still unbelievably quick, and most ppl would go for it rather than what i showed in the link. but if it were my money, id get the e8500 in the link

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

[QUOTE=sebastianlieken;55179734
    EDIT: actually, i jus noticed this. youre gonna be using the pc primarily for gaming and wont be overclocking. It would be a better idea to scrap the quad core thing, and go with this instead. itl out perform the q6600 in games by a notacable margin. and its intels newest processor, so +1 to "futureproofing". its youre choice like, the q6600 is still unbelievably quick, and most ppl would go for it rather than what i showed in the link. but if it were my money, id get the e8500 in the link[/QUOTE]

second that, its a rocket and you can use the intel stock cooler and still get an amazing overclock, check this out to back up the point.

If you want to splash out a little further maybe instead of an artic cooler go with a thermalright ultra extreme

• Advertisement

Hey folks,
    I've tried looking around for info & release date for the 9series card, but I'm getting nothing. Does anyone have a release date? or can anyone point me to some info (I saw nothing on the nvidia site either)

Advertisement