Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3/1 Obama anyone (with Celtic Offer)

Options
  • 19-02-2008 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Not for everyone I know - a politics bet requiring you to tie up your money until later in the year - but some might be interested.
    Celtic bookmakers offer a free bet of up to 50 euro for new accounts.
    They are also offering 6/4 about Obama to be next US president. This is a stand out price. Next best price at time of writing is 11/10 (Will Hill).
    So 50 Euro should Obama win will return you 200 - effectively paying 3/1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Im lost on the 3/1 bit.
    They are offering 6/4, so 50 will return 125? Not 200

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Maybe it a special offer for those signing up get 3/1?? ??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

unless it's a free fifty euro bet on top of a fifty eiro stake that you put on, i.e. doubling your stake and making 6/4 into 3/1.

decent offer, though i think mccain will win myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

Apologies. Should have explained better.

Celtic bookies offering free bet to new accounts up to 50 euro (Aertel).
    They also offer Obama to be next US pres at 6/4. I am combining the two.

50 euro to win at 6/4 returns 125.
    Free 50 euro bet returns 75 (you don't get the free stake portion back)

Total Return 200 equates to 3/1 if you have 50 on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I just can't see the Americans voting for a part black guy. It's the sad truth.

He is one of those candidates where everyone thinks it's great that he is bringing something new to the table but on polling day they go for the safer option. I don't think he will beat Clinton let alone McCain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

I agree a black guy probably will not get in, but I don't understand the comment about the safer option :)
    They won't vote for him because they are racist not because he is going to go "bust a cap in Russia's ass".

African-Americans only make up about 1/8th of the population and now up to 40% of them are not democrat aligned (though they will still vote for him I presume). if he gets the democratic ticket, then remember this isn't boxing - bet on the white guy for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

hotspur wrote: »
    bet on the white guy for once.

I assume you mean white lady

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

Collie D wrote: »
    I assume you mean white lady

I would assume he is referring to McCain.
    Anyhow I hadn't meant this be a political discussion...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Not to drag this into a political thread but Obama is to put "seriously kicking Hillary's ass" at this moment in time...

But whether or not the Americans are ready for a black President who knows

Advertisement