Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cinema goodies

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I go to the cinema quite often and always bring my own goodies, refuse to pay the ridiculas prices of thier sweets/drinks/popcorn......, you pay enough for the ticket
    If anyone was to check my bag and refuse me entry i would hit the roof:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

MooseJam wrote: »
    fat people ftw !
    I just wanted to see "Honk if you're horny".

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Was at a cinema in Sydney where they sold beers and hotdogs in the concession stand, along with your usual stuff. Starwars is better while drunk. Usually I sneak stuff in, my BF is the mule, with his combat pockets crammed with snacks :) If it's payday or I'm out with the girls I'll treat myself to a ben&jerrys icecream (also horrendously over priced, you could buy a whole tub for the price of a 'meduim' serving in the cinema). One of my mates worked in the dundrum cinema and she was given out to by her manager for 'putting too much' in the servings of ice cream:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

head on over to the aldi across from cineworld and stock up myself

women normally have handbags so I don't look suspicious with my big DKNY number full to bursting with crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Nobody ever checks this stuff in Ireland. Unless you're going in with a hot drink or something, nobody gives a sh*t.

However, I usually buy food in the cinema..... cinema popcorn is nice......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Worked in a cinema on parnell square for a month...weirdly all popcorn bought at counter is 3-4days old...its cooked then put in storage in big bags, some people prefer old stuff, I personally ask the guy at the counter now to give me a fresh one... I wouldnt order the HotDogs if I was anyone here, most of the people working there havnt a breeze how to cook them!

Only thing I order is the fountain fanta...sooooo good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I have an unlimited card for Cineworld, so it only costs me around 2euro to goto the cinema. I normally buy a large coke and a bag of sweets, which is around 8euro.

Sometimes, I'll buy some sweets in Thorntons and get the coke at Cineworld as I get a bit bored with the sweets that they do in Cineworld.

I have seen people eating rolls and salads etc during the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Any sign of Irish cinemas doing the free refills on minerals and 25 cents to refill popcorn of any size yet? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

I bring in houmous and breadsticks from marks&spencers... MMMM!!
    or some doritos, and then purchase some cheese...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

How about going 90 minutes without stuffing your gob?
    Nail, head, etc.
    Just eat something before you leave the house and don't be stinking up the place with your awful buttered popcorn.
    I go to the cinema to watch a film, not to see how quietly I can rummage around in a plastic packet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I miss buttered popcorn.
    The greatest, most gluttonous snack known to man, and yet nowhere in England seems to do it.

I'm considering bringing my own butter next time I go to the cinema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ruu wrote: »
    Any sign of Irish cinemas doing the free refills on minerals and 25 cents to refill popcorn of any size yet? :p

Seriously... How much food and drink do you really need? Drink too much and you're dying for a piss twenty minutes before the end of the movie...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

OK, up against the wall and assume the position!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Nail, head, etc.
    Just eat something before you leave the house and don't be stinking up the place with your awful buttered popcorn.
    I go to the cinema to watch a film, not to see how quietly I can rummage around in a plastic packet.

there's the whole cinema experience to think about... you cant go to Die Hard 4 or some action movie and sit there, you more or less have to shovel popcorn in your mouth, pour coke down, its part of the experience... its your duty as a patron of the cinematic arts... yes its over priced, but as long as i keep buying it they can keep charging it. that said i wont go to dundrum cinema, its one thing to pay over the odds for coke, its another to pay it for pepsi...

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mrs. D'arcy

I always bring microwave popcorn with me...it's so much nicer than the stale stuff they sell now. Admittedly I probably wouldn't do it if I was giong to the cinema with people I didn't know that well...it is a little bit tight I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

After working in the cinema I don't really like to eat popcorn anymore. When I was working snapping tickets as you go into the screen, I was told to stop anyone who had non-cinema foods with them, but needless to say I didn't bother. Noone did really.

There's a cinema in Galway (the eye) that won't let you into the screen with your bag. They take it from you and give you a ticket, then you collect your bag on the way out. I don't know why they bother, anyone can just stuff sweets into their pockets if they really want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

ditpoker wrote: »
    you cant go to Die Hard 4 or some action movie and sit there
    Funnily enough, that's exactly what I did at DH4.
    Maybe that's why I found the movie boring, I was paying too much attention. :/
    Weidii wrote: »
    I was told to stop anyone who had non-cinema foods with them, but needless to say I didn't bother. Noone did really.
    Yeah who wants that kind of ass-ache unless you're making a customs officers wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    you're dying for a piss twenty minutes before the end of the movie...

No problem anymore!
    http://www.stadiumpal.com/
    They now do one for the ladies too! stadiumgal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Nobody ever checks this stuff in Ireland. Unless you're going in with a hot drink or something, nobody gives a sh*t.

However, I usually buy food in the cinema..... cinema popcorn is nice......

And, generally, about 3 days old :O
    After working in a cinema, i say don't buy the popcorn.
    Or get jalapenos. Or ice cream. or most things.

yeeeeugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'd say if you got caught with fruit or something healthy you could argue that they didn't have anything that catered for you and you think it's disgusting that they offer no healthy foods in this day and age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'd say if you got caught with fruit or something healthy you could argue that they didn't have anything that catered for you and you think it's disgusting that they offer no healthy foods in this day and age.
    And beer.
    Cinemas should sell beer.
    They would probably charge through the nose, but it would still be nice to be able to have a couple of pints when watching a film.
    It's not like anyone is gonna get hammered in 90 minutes.

Advertisement