Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many bets..?

Options
  • 19-02-2008 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I want to place a bet that all Champion league games will end in draws (bar the Celtic/barca game which could go either way depending on what Barca team show up) i.e. 7 draws in the form of 4folds and 5folds only..
    Anyone know how many of these there are involving 7 draws..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

are you bluffing?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭C0SM0

No mate, all bets are around 2/1 so its €80ish return per euro stake per 4fold i make it..
    These games are generally tight affairs with home teams happy not to concede away goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Theres a matrix about halfway down this bright green page which will show you what you want to know.

http://www.ukhorseracingresults.co.uk/Types%20of%20Betting.htm
    Put on your Raybans first by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭C0SM0

Good man Armani.. Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Basically take the amount of selections you want (7 matches/draws),
    then the bet type (5 folds).
    There are obviously 5 selections in each 5-fold, but if you want 7 selections in 5-folds, think of it as:
    7 teams can be selection 1,
    then only 6 can be selection 2,
    5 can only be selection 3 and so on....
    basically (7x6x5x4x3 = 2520)
    because it doesn't matter on the order of your selections,
    you then divide by the amount of selections multiplied up (1x2x3x4x5 = 120).

So 7 selections in 5-folds is 2520/120 = 21 bets
    similarly, 4-folds 840/24 = 35 bets

• Advertisement
Advertisement