Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat 500 Abarth!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Looks like fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭colsers22

Looks great. Would still prefer a Mini Cooper though.
    How much will the basic 500 sell for in Ireland does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It looks great so it does, i'd love one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I like it, except for those wheels :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭fabsoul

look awful

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ford's new Ka will be based largely on this car apparently. Word is an ST version with 155bhp from the 1.4 turbo lump will be available.

That might be a whole lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

I really like it too, not the most manly of cars to be fair but i'd say it'll be a laugh to drive. Initial feedback on the basic 500 says its not as good to drive as the Mini alright but the Abarth might be better. The 500 has more space in the back than the mini apparently but that wouldn't be difficult. I also like the wheels. There will be dealer tuning kits on offer, considering that the punto abarth can be put up to 180hp with the same engine that should really give it some go.

A mate of mine had a 106gti and that was a total hoot, hopefully this will be as much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

I like the look of it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Love it, Love it, Love it !! ++++1

Hey, what do I know - I bought a Cinq Sporting.

In yellow.

New.

Excellent car, btw......:D :D:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

on carzone it says they start at €13995. saw one today in white with the italy flag down the roof looked very nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

i Agree the fiat 500 is a gorgeous car.That said all the ones i've seen have had alloys and decals.The base spec might ot be quite so attractive

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Nice now thats a Hot Hatch! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Problem is that the site/magazine with the images is autoexpress... they have a team of people they pay to come up with these artists impressions, which invariably are nothing like the finished product. I like the 500 as it stands, and I'd imagine that the Abarth will look even better, sooner we get a released product the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭fabsoul

galwaytt wrote: »
    Love it, Love it, Love it !! ++++1

Hey, what do I know - I bought a Cinq Sporting.

:eek: enough said

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The 500 is more distinctive IMO

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_488/car_photo_244254_25.jpg

Is it just me or does that look like independant suspension at the back??Would be pretty sweet in a city car!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

This is going to be some car. Good to see abarth making a come back !

Advertisement