Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forerunner 305 and or not speed/cadence sensor

Options
  • 19-02-2008 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

I've ordered a forerunner 305 but didn't order the Speed/Cadence sensor (GSC10) as it is adding a 6 week delay. I'm wondering if I will bother with it - what does this add apart from the cadence measurement ? I presume there is already a speed function using the GPS ?
    Incidentally , Amazon are doing a good deal on these at the moment if you have someone in the North or the UK to deliver to. Works out at €173 with the HRM but without the speed/cadence sensor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I got the cadence sensor with mine, mainly cos I like gadgets :)
    It measures cadence and also rear wheel speed. Although it can also measure speed based on GPS readings, I don't know which is more accurate or if it uses a combination of the two or what. It might also use the speed sensor for a quicker determination of whether or not you are stopped or moving for auto-pause, but I'm not sure if that's true or not.
    You could get the cadence sensor later or from somewhere else though, wiggle have it at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

kenmc wrote: »
    I got the cadence sensor with mine, mainly cos I like gadgets :)
    It measures cadence and also rear wheel speed. Although it can also measure speed based on GPS readings, I don't know which is more accurate or if it uses a combination of the two or what. It might also use the speed sensor for a quicker determination of whether or not you are stopped or moving for auto-pause, but I'm not sure if that's true or not.
    You could get the cadence sensor later or from somewhere else though, wiggle have it at least.

My poxy cadence sensor has stopped working. All the lights are on, but ain't getting anything on display. It must be the magnet alignment.

Raam wrote: »
    My poxy cadence sensor has stopped working. All the lights are on, but ain't getting anything on display. It must be the magnet alignment.
    yeah it's probably that I'd say. else you might need to scan for the cadence sensor again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

What about a handlebar mount for the 305? I have seen mounts for sale for the 201/301 but not the 205/305

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Diarmuid wrote: »
    What about a handlebar mount for the 305? I have seen mounts for sale for the 201/301 but not the 205/305

I bought this, works a treat.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mount-Quick-release-Garmin-Forerunner/dp/B000ONDECY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1203435417&sr=8-1

• Advertisement

i have an old handlebar mount for a scientific oregon HRM which does the job.
    but if you look on the garmin website they have Quick release kit (bike to wrist) but I don't know if they have a european shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Raam wrote: »

I had trouble before with a siemens computer and it turned out that the magnet lost it's power because of the spoke it was on.

I think magnets get sucked dry if they are in contact with metal too long.

Advertisement