Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A small breath of fresh air...

Options
  • 19-02-2008 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

I live in Lucan and Cycle to work in Clarehall (Coolock) every so often and its a pretty miserable cycle, N4, South Keys and then the Malahide Road. I was bored of cycling this route so yesterday I decided to take a different route and cycled from howth along the sea front until I hit the north keys again.

What a breath of fresh air literally, about 7-8km of semi purpose built cycle track away from the main traffic. I cruised its length at about 25-30km on my road bike with a smile on my face :)

This will now be the way I goto and from work avoiding the malahide road. Its a shame there is not more purpose built cycle track that is away from the fools who drive and park there cars in cycle lanes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

ollietrex wrote: »
    I live in Lucan and Cycle to work in Clarehall (Coolock) every so often and its a pretty miserable cycle, N4, South Keys and then the Malahide Road. I was bored of cycling this route so yesterday I decided to take a different route and cycled from howth along the sea front until I hit the north keys again.

What a breath of fresh air literally, about 7-8km of semi purpose built cycle track away from the main traffic. I cruised its length at about 25-30km on my road bike with a smile on my face :)

This will now be the way I goto and from work avoiding the malahide road. Its a shame there is not more purpose built cycle track that is away from the fools who drive and park there cars in cycle lanes.

I use that coastal one twice every day. It's great. It has a few problems in the evening time when walkers and cyclists compete a bit. Overall, the positives outweigh the negatives for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Does that coastal wind not knock ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ollietrex

There was no wind yesterday but I can see how it might get a bit windy out that way. You just have to lean a little bit more if it is blowing hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Does that coastal wind not knock ya?

It did when I started, but not anymore. You get used to it.

Advertisement