Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 page catalogue

Options
  • 19-02-2008 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been asked to Price a job for a 12 page full colour on 170GSM paper.

There will be about 30 Images in it. Plus loads of text.

There will be 500 Copies printed. I will be doing the layout myself and getting the the printing done with a different company.

What should i charge for the Job. I know people ask all the time but i dont want to under or over price myself. I'm new to taking jobs on my own. My company normally give me the work and they charge the customer , I dont normally see the bill so i've no idea really.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

You need to contact a printers and get a guesstimate for the work, is it 12 pages that folds out or are they trimmed and saddlestitched? Things like that are important to know and convey to the printer. When they get a price back to you on it, go ahead and throw a minimum of a 100% markup on that, because you're doing the leg work and you need to be paid for sorting out all the printing details, delivery and sourcing papers, arranging with printers etc.

Most design places charge about €50 an hour. Aim for around €30 for yourself so you undercut any rivalary.

So say for example you could say it will take 10 minutes per page on average.
    12 pages is 120 minutes, 2 hours = €60.

Scanning/sourcing/any image work (colour enhancing, touching up etc.), charge about €5 an image
    30 images, €150.

Make sure you state that any alterations after it is set, unless it's your fault, will cost them €10 a change. That will discourage them for changing every little thing and stick to the original text. I know you're thinking why €10, but if you get 20 changes to loads of text, jammed into 12 pages and you make a couple of text changes, you will need to make alterations to the layout etc. to compensate for the new text flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

The printing of 500 12 pages catalogue is costing about €600 Euro, If i charge €1100 for the whole thing would that be ok ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

You'd have to ask them? If you look up Print Estimate on Google there are some websites that offer a guestimate.

You could leave some details and they will get back to you on the price, then use their guestimate for your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lucass

I can print this for 480e if it will be cash....

Do you deliver as well ? Do you have a website?

• Advertisement

where do you want this delivered?

www.puregraphics.ie

U can call and ask for Lucas or Dave...

Delivered to the Naas road. Close to the kylemore luas stop

Can you send me a price list ? nice site.

Hi,

I can give you estimated prices and quantities but really price depends on quantity, finish and paper stock etc. You can email me and I'll get a quote to you for any job you have.

No prob for delivery to Kylemore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Horzze

You could also try a company called PrintingPress.ie. I got some brochures done recently which I got a great deal on. V Professional guys.

If i were u I 'd get a few quotes for 500 brochures, because in my experience prices can vary from the reasonable to the ridiculous in just a couple of steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

lucass wrote: »
    I can print this for 480e if it will be cash....

lol, and if it's not cash? Why would there be a difference in price?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

sorry
    cash, cheque, bank transfer.... is no prob for me Culchie, and the price will be the same...

Advertisement