Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who will play igs in Pearse Stadium?

Options
  • 19-02-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Story in today's Sentinel that Aiken is planning two concerts in the Pearse this Summer.

Any ideas who will play?

http://www.galwaynews.ie/node/2862

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

saw it too! no doubt someone mediocre! dont trust them after the andrea bocelli fiasco....hmmm.....the boss would be good, let it be the boss....i wish!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Nobody, if the residents have there way.

In fairness to them, it must have come as an awful shock to them when they realised that living beside a stadium might result in stadium related activities taking place within. Poor lambs.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Rage Against The Machine

-you heard it here first folks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Robbo wrote: »
    Nobody, if the residents have there way.

In fairness to them, it must have come as an awful shock to them when they realised that living beside a stadium might result in stadium related activities taking place within. Poor lambs.

Is it the old Rockbarton residents objecting, or people who've only lived there a couple of years? Is it the same anti-airshow group who are noe anti-stadium, or a new group.

Personally, the only time Pearse Stadium effects me is before/after a match when traffic build up in westside. I don't follow GAA, and I've never seen any groups booked to play there that I really couldn't live without seeing! So I'm not bothered about whether or not it gets it's lights. But I do wonder whether or not it's a small proportion of the residents "representing" all of the residents?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Fey! wrote: »
    Is it the old Rockbarton residents objecting, or people who've only lived there a couple of years? Is it the same anti-airshow group who are noe anti-stadium, or a new group.
    I haven't looked into the bona fides of the crowd who have recently
    been engaged in our provincial form of tilting at windmills (letters to the Advertiser) but you rarely find a residents group that are anything but a selection of isolated cranks, do you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement