Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garden Shed Construction - Costs

• 19-02-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I looking at getting a garden shed and want to gauge prices before I commit to a particular type.
    I would prefer a hollow block shed for security and strength, but not sure if I can afford it at the moment. The other option is a timber shed. Not as secure, but cheaper and quicker.

I am thinking of a shed approx 10' x 16' or 18'.

The timber one at that size will be approx €1600.

Can any of you help with a cost breakdown on the block shed option.
    It would have a plaster finish and concrete tile roof. I can get a window to suit. Would need a suitable foundation, roofing timber etc. I wouldn't be insulating the walls, but would have plenty of DPC to stop rising damp.

Another advantage of block for me would be that I could put the oil burner inside. That should prevent a repeat of what happened to the last one! (Stolen)

Any advise appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

It depends on a lot of factors - type of finishes, doors/window, walls (single block or cavity), insulation in floors, walls and roof. The higher the spec the higher the price.

I wouldnt want to estimate the cost as prices vary from county to county but there will be others here who will help Im sure.

Where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

I'm in Kildare. I should have said that I will be building with the help of a few mates, so labour costs are not an issue. I'm just looking for material costs.
    9" hollow blocks, Plastered on the outside. Cut roof, with concrete tiles (to match the house) 8" Fascia and soffit. 2 heads and one cill to suit a 5" wide window and 4" door (timber on steel frame, make myself)
    Foundation will probably be 3' wide x 18" deep, rising to a 6" floor over compacted hardcore.

Advertisement