Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Smiley front Transits VS newer shape models.

Options
  • 19-02-2008 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Apart from being noisier and slower is there anyone out there that drives the older model Transil and preferes them to the later model? I am seriously thinking of downgrading to the earlier type if I can get a very clean one. I still see the cops, Eircom and various state departments driving them. I spent the last few years with a 01 model and would be slow to get another one. Is there any particular engine type to look out for or avoid? can they be sound proofed?

1995Transit.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

if you your goin to buy pre 00 buy the turbo model not many around but they are 100 hp and seem to have alot less noise than 75ps engine they also give alot less trouble than the newer models

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

ford jedi wrote: »
    if you your goin to buy pre 00 buy the turbo model not many around but they are 100 hp and seem to have alot less noise than 75ps engine they also give alot less trouble than the newer models
    Is this the 2.5tdi? Did these have timing chains or belts?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

Ive driven both and did not find much difference in driving experience, but the interior is improved. I have a 2003 90T350, which is 2.4 turbo, and it gets noisy around 50mph and doesnt feel like it has too much more in it. The gear change is far from smooth, getting it into first is a struggle. An old shape tranny will be hard to find in good nick and will have serious mileage. If you dont need huge load space get a hiace, i have a ten year old one and they are very smooth to drive and it feels as solid as it just left the factory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I had two Hiaces, 87 and an 97 couldnt fault any of them except they were thirsty but that paid off because they passed all DOEs without hassle. a LWB D4D is the other option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭gogs2006

i'd have a smiley face transit any day...i know some lads who bought newer transits and sold them shortly after....

heres a big one;)
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=855779

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

gogs2006 wrote: »
    i'd have a smiley face transit any day...i know some lads who bought newer transits and sold them shortly after....

heres a big one;)
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=855779

No rust either which is good:D

Advertisement