Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbike Restoration

• 19-02-2008 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I don't post much here, mostly just read the threads.
    But now I'm posting in the hope that one of ye can help! :o

I have an '86 LTD 454 that I was restoring. I completely stripped the bike down to the frame, and cleaned or replaced all the components. At the moment the bike is a rolling chassis with wheels, forks, handlebars etc fitted. The engine, tank, exhaust, electrics & cables etc are cleaned up/replaced or repaired, but not fitted.

That's where the problem is, I am working on getting our new house ready for myself and the gf to move into, and I have not time to finish the bike.
    So is there anyone I can hand it over to who will rebuild and set-up the bike.

If there is, would this be an expensive job? It's my first bike, and I would like to start my lessons so I can get a few miles under me before the summer.

Any help or advise appreciated :)

Thanks
    Ciaran

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I can't see too many people doing this sort of work for small money tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

murphaph wrote: »
    I can't see too many people doing this sort of work for small money tbh.

I don't mind paying for it to be done right. What would you think a fair price would be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

You will be lucky to get someone that will take on an unfinished project unless you could find some retired lad that could do it in his spare time. Most bike repair shops have huge overheads and dont want stuff lying around that can accumilate space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Try Tony 0868809098. He's busy man, who knows his s...te and has soft eye for anything bike related. Especially older - vintage/classics are his cup of tea. Based in Meath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Thanks FiSe,

Any idea of a cost of doing this? Even a ballpark figure to go on?

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

few guys on biker.ie might do this sort of thing too. Introduce yourself and post up about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Thanks FiSe,

cheers

Haven't got a clue... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Thanks FiSe,

cheers
    How long is a piece of string? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mark fitapatrick

if you are still looking for some one to finish that ltd i would be more than glad to help you out. i have done many bikes including antiques over the years. i have many photos i could show you so you know were i am coming from. i have recently been made redundant so i have plenty time on my hands lately. call me <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Please do NOT drag up old threads.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement