Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quiet elderly neighbourhoods

Options
  • 19-02-2008 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

my parents are in their 60's and are currently looking to move to a more quieter area with more people around their age group as they are currently living in a housing estate with lots of troublesome youths which is becoming a bit of a nightmare for them,anybody know of any nice estates?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

scruff321 wrote: »
    my parents are in their 60's and are currently looking to move to a more quieter area with more people around their age group as they are currently living in a housing estate with lots of troublesome youths which is becoming a bit of a nightmare for them,anybody know of any nice estates?

where are you looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Grange Hall in Rathfarnham, you'd swear its a retirement home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Churchtown. Loads of elderly people about, not much youth and there's supervalu and other stores close by, along with a hospital just down the road.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Ballinteer is a good area too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

scruff321 wrote: »
    i work with elderly people and there seems to be quite a few in ballyroan. its a very settled area with a community centre beside the church which caters for the elderly. there is also a big supervalu, chemist, hairdresser and post office. hope this helps.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement