Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Radio Keys

Options
  • 19-02-2008 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭

Am looking to take the old tape deck out of the G/f's 99 Astra.

She does not have the keys to remove the opel radio though.
    anyone know where i could ge them in the Tallaght area (and no, i am not going to let the window open and hope some local will do it for me)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭LarWright

You may need 2 sets..... Depending.

Halfords on the Belgard Road will sell both.

1) A pair of small DIN size radio removal keys like so.... CLICK ME
    2) A small Allen Key (not sure which size) like so.... CLICK ME.... to remove the little grub screws (if they're there. Some Opel radios don't have them in)

See THIS LINK for a video (it just happens to be an Astra in the video too... Handy :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

LarWright wrote: »
    You may need 2 sets..... Depending.

Halfords on the Belgard Road will sell both.

1) A pair of small DIN size radio removal keys like so.... CLICK ME
    2) A small Allen Key (not sure which size) like so.... CLICK ME.... to remove the little grub screws (if they're there. Some Opel radios don't have them in)

See THIS LINK for a video (it just happens to be an Astra in the video too... Handy :))

Sweet,
    Thanks a mil. I actually called into Halfords on the way home after writing this and picked them up but the Video tutorial is sweet (showms me that i did it correctly on my own car ha)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Sorry for draggin this up again but changed the radio fine but it will not store station frequency memory.

In my passat this was because the trickle feed from the battery and the main power leads needed to be swapped, from the manufacturer to pioneer radio.

Simple case of this in this instance also??

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Opels/Vauxhalls generally need the exact same cabling switchover as VW's. Most headunits have the cabling to the ISO blocks easily designed for this... check the radio manual first though!

Advertisement