Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euromillions and reliability of results

• 19-02-2008 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭

Here is a strange one. I play lotto and euromillions (EM) with some regularity, though not religiously. I was doing my early spring cleaning and I found three old tickets, two lotto ones and the third EM, all of them from the third quarter last year. I went online and to my surprise one had a €12 prize and the other (EM) for €9. So I took these tickets to the local shop and before handing them in I scanned them in the lotto machine, but only the result of one was confirmed. I handed both tickets to the guy at the counter and the same was confirmed. I asked him to print the results for the EM one back in November and we checked it together and indeed it was due a €9 prize, but he couldn't pay it since the machine didn't recognise it was due a prize. I went to a few different shops and the same, over and over.
    I was told I might be able to get the money at the post office, but the problem I have is that in many occasions I used those machines to check and always trusted them - ie, I dumped tickets when I got a "not a winner" result. Now I am wondering if I may have lost prizes due to other "false negatives".
    Anyone out there ever experienced this? What would you do if this happened to you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,568 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Its most likely due to the time that has elasped.
    and it I ever do the lotto, I check it manuelly, out of bordom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I checked the terms & conditions. The ticket is valid for 90 days. The draw was on 27 November 07, so not elapsed yet - 84 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

You sure it wasnt the plus draw numbers you were looking at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I am positive on that. I had three other people check it also, and there is no doubt it is a winner that the machines won't recognise.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

in before another lock!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Brian,

I don't know if you are trying to wind me up or not, but if you have a problem with the Irish lotto, this is not the place to air it. If you start this crap again you will be taking a break from the gambling forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement