Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diet for stressed women

Options
  • 19-02-2008 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Diet for stressed women. This is a specially formulated diet designed to help WOMEN cope with the stress that builds during the day.

BREAKFAST
    * 1 Grapefruit
    * 1 slice whole-wheat toast
    * 1 cup skim milk

LUNCH
    * 1 small portion lean, steamed chicken with a cup of spinach
    * 1 cup herbal tea
    * 1 Penguin Biscuit

AFTERNOON TEA
    * The rest of the Penguins from the packet
    * 1 tub of Gino Ginelli ice cream with chocolate topping

DINNER
    * 4 bottles of wine (red or white)
    * 2 loaves garlic bread
    * 1 family size Supreme pizza
    * 3 snickers bars

LATE NIGHT SNACK
    * 1 whole cheesecake (eaten directly from the freezer)

REMEMBER:

'Stressed' spelled backwards is desserts'

Here's some advice for you:

Dr. Neil proclaimed the way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started:

So I looked around my house to see things I started and hadn't finished; and before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of Pinot, a bottle of Chardonay, a bottle of Baileys, a butle of Kehuha,

a pockage of Pinqeuns, tha mainder of bot Prozic and Valum scriptins, the res of the Chesescke, some saltins an a bax a cholates.

Yu haf no idr who gud I fel!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Just want i needed to give sense to the day.... Stars for you!

/me goes looking for ice cream!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Penguin Bars - damn it

they're all I can think about now!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'm actually suffering from stress at the moment. Stress at work is giving me migraines and insomnia. I was going to post a serious thread about how you ladies cope with stress and learn to switch off your head at night.

Now Thaed has given me the answer. Desserts and wine!

/emails bf to tell him to pick up wine and cake on the way home... or else!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

grr...this makes me so hungry....i eat constantly im gonna turn into a blimp

but still a blimp that loves her food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What is better then desserts and wine ?
    Having desserts and wine while being in a bubble bath.

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »

Did it last night. Hot bath, white wine and a crunchie bar. It was heaven. It actually helped me sleep too!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Thaedydal wrote: »

Legendary.

God i'd murder a whole cheesecake right now. Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oooh a chocolaite bailey's cheesecake would be divine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Crazy Catlady

Piste wrote: »
    Oooh a chocolaite bailey's cheesecake would be divine...
    If only that really where the answer to all lifes' problems :( tho is does me :D
    Also, love a coffee with a good lash of bailey's in it! Its the "hot drink" version of a glass of wine for when its cold outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

Very funny :D:D Feasts do it for me..mmmmmmmmmm....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Haha!That made me laugh!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ye're making me so fecking hungry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Me <3 Thaed's dietary ideas. I wonder is it too late to absolve my N & D responsibilities... mmmm, cheesecake *drool*...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I just had a lovely bowlof Haagen Dasz cookiea and cream icecream...nyom.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

ha ha. Thats so true...you start off light...then work your way through an entire fridge by the end of the day.
    On a serious note tho.....foods that can calm anxiety and help relieve stress:
    Bananas
    Asparagus
    Avocado
    Kidney Beans
    Brazil nuts
    Sunflower seeds
    Linseed
    and the best stress buster of all : TEA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I'm off choklet for lent :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

Sorry, that was cheeky.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LilyM1980

watna wrote: »
    I'm actually suffering from stress at the moment. Stress at work is giving me migraines and insomnia. I was going to post a serious thread about how you ladies cope with stress and learn to switch off your head at night.

Now Thaed has given me the answer. Desserts and wine!

/emails bf to tell him to pick up wine and cake on the way home... or else!

Watna,

What I do is totally switch off when I leave work. There is no point in getting stressed because you will make yourself sick.

Go for a walk
    Go for a drink
    Go out for dinner
    Go to the gym
    DVD...etc
    Or just some together with the OH

Just do things that are totally non related to work

Hope that helps missus;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

How I relieve my own stress:

Cook. Cook a lot. Open a bottle of scotch. Drink the scotch while cooking.

Last night, for dinner, I cooked a lamb madras, a ragu sauce to be used for lasagne and a chili con carne.

Last night, for dinner, I ate: ...do the icecubes out of four glasses of scotch count?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

timtams > penguins :D

anti stress involves music. and usually walking. and now i leave relatively near beach. what a combo :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

can i substitute the penguin bars for the extra large galaxy bars?? :D

Timtams are awesome. You can get them here in Tesco.

Thanks for the advice girls. Cooking when I go home helps and we usually watch a film in bed. It's just after that I have a problem. I'll be exhasuted and relaxed and suddenly I'll snap and be awake thinking about all the crap I have to do tomorrow. Or, a few times I've fallen asleep and snapped awake suddenly thinking about work.. I figure I'm dreaming about it and panic wakes me up! My Oh told me to wake him up if I can't sleep, I tried, but he resisted a lot. I don't think that's going to work! I love my sleep and rearely have problems, it's the last few weeks.

I did manage to sleep through the night last night though (god, i sound like I'm 9 months old!)

ugh, i've been needing to be out of bed by 6am most mornings lately, and have woken a few times dreaming i've just seen the bus go by, and i've put my arm out for it only to realise im inside and looking out a big window and the bus can't see me, and then i wake up and it's only 5am and there's no point going back to sleep.
    I did manage to sleep through the night last night though (god, i sound like I'm 9 months old!)

or that you have a 9 month old :P

ugh, i've been needing to be out of bed by 6am most mornings lately, and have woken a few times dreaming i've just seen the bus go by, and i've put my arm out for it only to realise im inside and looking out a big window and the bus can't see me, and then i wake up and it's only 5am and there's no point going back to sleep.

or that you have a 9 month old :P

That sounds familiar. I think it's because you're never fully asleep (i.e. you don't enter the deep sleep phase or whatever it's called) so your dreams are vivid and your surroundings are incorporated in to them. It's really weird! Our crazy room mate got up at 6 am yesterday and stomped around the house really loudly. I dreamt I screamed at her to shut the f*ck up and when I woke up I didn't know whether or not I'd actually screamed at her!

Do not even joke about having a 9 month old!
    /shudders!

watna wrote: »
    That sounds familiar. I think it's because you're never fully asleep (i.e. you don't enter the deep sleep phase or whatever it's called) so your dreams are vivid and your surroundings are incorporated in to them. It's really weird! Our crazy room mate got up at 6 am yesterday and stomped around the house really loudly. I dreamt I screamed at her to shut the f*ck up and when I woke up I didn't know whether or not I'd actually screamed at her!

ha, i have been having rememberable dreams a lot lately. i usually never remember them... (even the times housemates inform me that ive been shouting/screaming in my sleep, nada). i think it's probably to do with sharing a bed while sober and knowing ive to get up the next morning... not quite the same deep sleep when there's someone moving/making noises right beside you, plus it's a zillion degrees in our house (once the heat gets in, it's bloody hot) so im not entirely comfortable in that respect either. plus im a worrier. total worrier, and phobic about being late for stuff. so no, no i haven't been fully asleep in a while. forming bags under eyes right now, getting slightly bigger the longer im here...
    Do not even joke about having a 9 month old!
    /shudders!

i hesitated before writing that, wondered if i was crossing hte line :P

ha, i have been having rememberable dreams a lot lately. i usually never remember them... (even the times housemates inform me that ive been shouting/screaming in my sleep, nada). i think it's probably to do with sharing a bed while sober and knowing ive to get up the next morning... not quite the same deep sleep when there's someone moving/making noises right beside you, plus it's a zillion degrees in our house (once the heat gets in, it's bloody hot) so im not entirely comfortable in that respect either. plus im a worrier. total worrier, and phobic about being late for stuff. so no, no i haven't been fully asleep in a while. forming bags under eyes right now, getting slightly bigger the longer im here...

i hesitated before writing that, wondered if i was crossing hte line :P

Glad I'm not alone... this sounds like my sleeping habits in the last few months. I feel your pain! I'm hoping once I leave work and get going I'll have less to worry about and will sleep better!

i just intend to get drunk on weekends and just pass out. best night's sleep ill ever have. morphine caused me to dream so vividly they were borderline hallucinations. ill never know if i was actually sitting up talking with the people who weren't there all afternoon, or if i just dreamt it... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Too true. The only decent sleep I get is when i'm passed out from an all night session.

Its 11:08 and I still have been to bed. Ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

I'm just back from an exhausting contours gym session and now you having me craving penguin bars - how ironic!! Thankfully i can't just leave work and go buy them so I'm saved :)

• Advertisement

I used to be a complete stress ball I mean I used to have problems sleeping for months on end for about 18 months and most of last year the problems disappeared I'd say mostly due to things in my life going right for once and now most night I fall asleep out of nowhere even times when I don't want to which is grand if i'm at home in bed but I hate it if friends are over or if i'm at his and I just nod off.
    my boyfriend is having problems sleeping now due to some stuff going on and I told him abot my past issues with getting some shuteye and he sent me this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcolepsy
    and said I really think you have this :D

I think I over indulge on the deserts and wine tbh

Advertisement