Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on Buying a bike?????

Options
  • 19-02-2008 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi I am looking to buy a Mountain bike for around €250 or less. Will I get anything decent for that kind of Money?
    If so can you recommend a model that would suit and were I can buy. I am based in Letterkenny and Im told we have some fantastic areas for some off roading - so this may have implications on the bike I will get.

Also is there anyway of finding out about mountain biking clubs etc as I have been online and can only find clubs in Dublin.

Thanks for any info at all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Mickdogg wrote: »
    Hi I am looking to buy a Mountain bike for around €250 or less. Will I get anything decent for that kind of Money?
    If so can you recommend a model that would suit and were I can buy. I am based in Letterkenny and Im told we have some fantastic areas for some off roading - so this may have implications on the bike I will get.

Also is there anyway of finding out about mountain biking clubs etc as I have been online and can only find clubs in Dublin.

Thanks for any info at all

You won't get anything good for that money. There are a few threads on older pages with recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

if you want to go off-road, the cheaper end off proper off roader start at e350 to e400.

dont spend e250 on the bike, save the extra e150, it will be worth it in the long term.
    check out
    www.chainreactioncycles.com

off road and road dont mix, dont spend e400 on a bike you wont use off road.
    rent/borrow a bike and go off road in the cold and wet and see if you like it then.:D
    if you do cool, if you dont, youve just saved alot of money and grief:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Mickdogg

Thanks guys, any models etc I should go for or not go for

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I was gonna say that you should try to get disc brakes, but I'm not sure you'll get them at that price point.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=14920
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25895

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

gt have a few okay bikes in your range:D, good thing is they are disc ready so you can upgrade if you really get into it.;)

Advertisement