Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CELTA Interview in International House?

• 19-02-2008 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hi
    Does anyone have an experience of the interview for the CELTA course run by International House in Dublin?
    I'd really like to know what they ask and talk about?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Medina

Well did this yesterday and it went well, I am now accepted onto the Celta course ...hurray :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Well done - was it a long interview? What sort of things did they ask?
    Others who may be considering the course will probably be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Medina

They said it would take an hour so I was afraid they were going to grill me on grammar....but the whole thing was very relaxed and informal.

The lady interviewing me mistook me for one of the foreign students at first (probably because I'm a muslim with a headscarf) so that was a bit funny ,we had a laugh about it.

Then she gave me 20 minutes on my own to complete a sheet of paper on which were grammar exercises that were fairly straightforward.
    There was however a slightly offputting question on it...it said:

Choose from the following a profession which you believe would best prepare someone to become a language teacher and explain why (choose one only):
    Actor
    Social Worker
    Sports Coach
    Nurse
    Tour guide leader
    Salesperson
    Lecturer

In light of your answer above, say why you feel you would be suitable as a language teacher.

AAAAH!
    this one took me a while!

After that, she came in and we talked about why I wanted to do CELTA and then she explained the course to me and then said based on my interests, awareness of grammar already and the fact I have a degree I was accepted onto the course.

It's my understanding though that a degree is not actually necessary for those who dont have one, although finding a job without one might be harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 karavellita

Hello everybody! I'm going to have the IH interview. Does anybody know what they usually ask or what kind of tasks they give. Thank you beforehand!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭Frank_Leach

Well...
    I am due to sit it this week. So...Have You any tips or information revelent to this interview? I hear it is very difficult

• Advertisement
Advertisement