Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

team for sunday

Options
  • 19-02-2008 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

robinson
    hutton king woodgate chimbonda

lennon jenas zokora malbranque

berbatov keane

subs cerny lee kaboul tainio bent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

robinson

berbatov keane

subs cerny lee kaboul tainio bent

I would be suprised (even annoyed) if O'Hara was not included on the subs bench.

Otherwise I reckon thats the team that will start. Only question mark will be over which GK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

cerny

berbatov keane

subs robinson lee, huddlestone, o'hara, bent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

I heard we have a few injuries after the last training session.
    Here's a sneak preview of Ramos's new training methods.

http://5x5m.com/files/xtremefootball/

I would agree with you Yiddo on the team for Sunday, only thing if Ledley is still injured, will he bring in Kaboul?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ed Cummins

RichMc70 wrote: »
    I would be suprised (even annoyed) if O'Hara was not included on the subs bench.

Otherwise I reckon thats the team that will start. Only question mark will be over which GK.

Yeah he will have o hara ahead of ypl as jamie can play at cm or lm,and yeah think he will go for zok ahead of hudd ,he seems to see something in zok ,lets hope he's right

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

[QUOTE}
    I would agree with you Yiddo on the team for Sunday, only thing if Ledley is still injured, will he bring in Kaboul?[/QUOTE]

Agree too Pat - could play Zakora or Hudd at CB if King pulls up lame!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

Yeah I hope that's the team although you could put Tainio in instead of Zokora and have him on the bench in case something happens to Leds or Woody. I'd agree with having O'Hara somewhere on the bench as well. Looks like a very good prospect that lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

I wouldn't be robbo's no 1 fan but i would throw him in for the final and give him another shot at it , cerny has made mistakes against slavia and utd although the utd one didn't matter in the end but his mistake against slavia means we can't put out a reserve side on thursday night to rest key players. Robbo's got big match experience at wembley and we need to remember the season we came oh so close to 4th spot he was unbelievable that year!.me thinks ramos might stick with cerny but what do you guys think?.there's a big game still left in robbo , why can't it be next sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

If Robinson plays on Thursday then he will keep goal on Sunday - unless he concedes another howler himself.

My greatest worry is his lack of command of the penalty box - at least Cerny comes for the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I would'nt play King to be honest, he does'nt have enough match sharpness. Its a difficult one, because if Anelka was starting, I think Id like to see Zokora play with Woodgate for his pace, although Hudd would be better equipped to deal with the aerial strength of Drogba if he played.

I'll go with - Robbo-Hutton-Woodgate-Hudd-Chimbonda- Zokora-Jenas-Lennon-Malbranque-Keane-Berbatov.

Fingers crossed we dont pick up any injuries on Thursday. I see Chelsea made wholesale changes last night, Terry and Lampard rested !

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Is Anelka cup-tied ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Is Anelka cup-tied ?

Don't think so. Didn't he play in the last round for Chelsea??

Just checked it out...he played in the semi 2nd leg v Everton!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I would'nt play King to be honest, he does'nt have enough match sharpness. Its a difficult one, because if Anelka was starting, I think Id like to see Zokora play with Woodgate for his pace, although Hudd would be better equipped to deal with the aerial strength of Drogba if he played.

I'll go with - Robbo-Hutton-Woodgate-Hudd-Chimbonda- Zokora-Jenas-Lennon-Malbranque-Keane-Berbatov.

Fingers crossed we dont pick up any injuries on Thursday. I see Chelsea made wholesale changes last night, Terry and Lampard rested !

King must be risked if we are to have a chance.
    Worked in the semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

King must be risked if we are to have a chance.
    Worked in the semi.

To say he must play for us to have a chance is a bit much no !! We have done well enough against some good sides without him.

In the semi, he only had the likes of Bednter and wallcot to worry about for most of the night, Drogba and Anelka could be a different kettle of fish !!

By all means, if he plays, I hope to god he does the biz, buts its a big risk for me if he plays !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Joycee

I'd go all out for the final;

robbo

berbatov keane

subs cerny, lee, huddlestone, o'hara, bent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

My team for final

Cerny
    Hutton - King - Woody - Chimbonda
    Lennon - Jenas - Tanio - Steeeeed