Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 Shill?

Options
  • 19-02-2008 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

he does seem to have alot of good things to say about them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Looks like it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

This post has been deleted.
    The best thing to do would be to report the posts.
    The Mobile / PDA mods will deal with it.

He may not actually be a shill though.

sometimes the mods / Admins allow employees of certain companies to post information about said company.
    It's all good if they are being helpful to other users and are not spamming the place.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

under no circumstances would we allow them to do that without full disclosure though!!

I will ask around and check the history ...

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Terry wrote: »
    The best thing to do would be to report the posts.

Yeah but there's nothing wrong with the individual posts. It's only when you put them all together that a pattern emerges.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Im split.. some seems genuine but then others really make it out that way..

Yes, its possible he's some marketing droid who really thinks this is a brand new idea and wants to help people. He's pretty clearly a shill... every single post he has ever made has been espousing this new "feature" of O2's...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

I'd reckon he either owns or works in an o2 shop.

Yes, it sounds like it. In fact, if thats the case and he just isn't aware of our sensitivity to shilling, I might even just give him a slap and an explanation.... *bless*

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55140725&postcount=16592

such an apt place for that.

I'd be changing the nick too for lulz

Look at user: neilnyn too
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=143270

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Looks suspicious to me. Beruthiel's the shill hunter - sic her on him :D

I know more about this guy now then I ever wanted to know.

You know he plays off 6? Thats a lot of practise....

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Those three threads are like a year old..

o2s website is fine. I dont think they use professionals though, the TSSG here in Waterford are full of graduates and they seem to do websites for o2 at minimum wage! (TSSG do the paying)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The main thread rumbled on up until this year. Lately it has improved, the last couple of months. Maybe i'm being hard on them, it only took them a year to fix it. :rolleyes:
    Professionals; don't know about that but it was funny the way the shop section always worked without fail, it was just the free webtext section that was dodgy.

Advertisement