Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9800gtx

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

told ya it's poo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Good call on the price Squall, it can be got on HWV for €266 for a Club3D one.

I think we can let you away with being €1 out ;)

Cheapest OCUK comes in around €285, same again for komplett.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

told ya it's poo

Yeah..you called it mate. Stick to yer 15fps in Crysis at 1920 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Good call on the price Squall, it can be got on HWV for €266 for a Club3D one.

I think we can let you away with being €1 out ;)

Cheapest OCUK comes in around €285, same again for komplett.

Nice, should be under €250 in a few weeks

Dont know how anyone can complain ( blackgold) about this card, for €265 you play every game out at ultra high settings...

Everyone knows Crysis is only out to sell more video cards eg Sli :D

Put a few stupid sliders to the left eg Physics, Post processing etc and you can play that at Ultra high too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

9800 GTX - €237??? [Link]

Is this the real deal or some unfunny April Fools joke gone too far? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Fnz wrote: »
    9800 GTX - €237??? [Link]

Is this the real deal or some unfunny April Fools joke gone too far? :eek:

Jeez,

Anyone know will the hr-03 fit it?

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Anyone know will the hr-03 fit it?

.... or a HR-05?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Fnz wrote: »
    .... or a HR-05?

April fools!!!!!

Anywhoo single 9800GX2 seems to be the best bang for buck atm, its around the same price as 2 8800gts 512s it doesn't require an expensive SLI capable motherboard and its neck and neck with SLI 9800GTXs in most cases...

Now if the price would just drop a little more!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee new Video cards :)

Ya, GX2 seems to be the way i'm headin, especially as i'm gettin a 24' monitor and its being bought in dollars :D Aslo i've got an Intel mobo that dont support Sli.

Same for me GX2.
    Though the prices on the GTX at hardwareversand look good.
    Never ordered from there before. How long does delivery take, do they debit your card straight away or do they hang around for ages doing security checks ala Dabs.

• Advertisement

They dont take cc Flac, only bank transfer but a friend of mine went through it 2 weeks ago and its painless. He ordered thur, went to bank straight away and forwarded money and had his bits delivered the following fri. No security checks. I'm ordering from them myself tomorrow (not gpu thats comin from states), their prices are great. Delivery is only 30e for everything

I need to make me some American friends to buy Grafix cards :P

Anyone know of anyone on American forums like XS that will buy / ship stuff for a small fee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

Yeah..you called it mate. Stick to yer 15fps in Crysis at 1920 then.
    Oh Jolly good show.

You look at a few fluffy charts and they do look lovely i must say but it's still a gts whatever way you try dress it up.

i think there's a person on ebay who has a shop that does this.
    I'll have a look and get back to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Oh Jolly good show.

You look at a few fluffy charts and they do look lovely i must say but it's still a gts whatever way you try dress it up.

i think there's a person on ebay who has a shop that does this.
    I'll have a look and get back to ya.

Dude just give it a rest will you. We all know it's just a jumped up gts and so maybe doesn't deserve the New Series 9 tag but it is priced as such. Get over it.

The review on Guru3d is interesting. He doesn't draw any conclusions about the older 8800gtx, but in alot of benches at 1920 with AA the old gtx is clearly seen to be outpeforming the new 9800gtx. Makes you wonder what the reason for this is, considering the 9800 has faster core, memory and shaders. Is the 9800GTX being hampered in high res by it's 512meg ram (versus 768meg in the 8 Series) and the narrower 256 bit bus (memory bandwidth of 70GB/s v 86GB/s on the 8800GTX). NvNews in their review looked at this specifically, and found in games like Oblivion at 2500x1600 memory card usage increased from 321 megs to 696 megs when 4X AA was forced. Not an issue for the 8800GTX but the 9800GTX had to swap data with system memory resulting in dropped performance.

http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/evga_geforce_9800_gtx/index.shtml

So I wonder if the best option picking up a couple of 8800GTX's instead of 9800GTX's considering they are going cheap now. I know they use more power, and don't have some of the Purevideo optimisations, but they do appear to be better for gaming.

Also, with the announcement of the 9900 series or whatever it's called coming in 4-5 months, the GX2 lifespan is going to be very short.

Not sure what I am going to do for this build now.

vtune_oc.jpg

They overclock pretty well, more than 2ghz on the shader :)

Cheapest still seems to be 247 euro on HWV

*edit* Most sites say its as quiet as a mouse at idle and load, and tom's hardware thought it was incredibley loud... They must have got a bad card...

chart_noise.png

conzymaher wrote: »
    Most sites say its as quiet as a mouse at idle and load, and tom's hardware thought it was incredibley loud... They must have got a bad card...

That's good to (not) hear - was worried about the noise levels after reading Tomshardware's "obnoxiously loud" comment. Other sites mention that it's quiet before spinning up but it keeps the card cool under load.

Is that overclock using the stock cooling?

yup, and some app that came with a zotac card or something...

With RivaTuner or AtiTool and a small voltage increase these cards will fly, 1ghz core under water with crazy volt mods probably :p

*edit* Crazy 8800gtx price drops, 223 euro for an XFX 8800GTX

The decisions! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

oK time to stop talking about it and go get one. I just ordered the Evga 9800gtx from Dabs.ie for €257.00 + €13.00 delivery if the 9900GTX comes out before the 90 dayes are up i can always step up.

TonyM. wrote: »
    oK time to stop talking about it and go get one. I just ordered the Evga 9800gtx from Dabs.ie for €257.00 + €13.00 delivery if the 9900GTX comes out before the 90 dayes are up i can always step up.

How does that work?

Was always under the impression it only worked in the states..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

They will allow you €269 for a 8800gt?

http://www.evga-europe.com/evga-step-up-products.html

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    They will allow you €269 for a 8800gt?

http://www.evga-europe.com/evga-step-up-products.html
    I don't think that's how it works. They give you what you payed for it.

http://www.evga-europe.com/evga-step-up-pricing.html
    you are required to pay the difference between your original invoice price, less any applicable rebates, and the price of the new card, plus any applicable tax and shipping. The program itself has no cost associated with it.

Advertisement