Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PhotoShop Contests : The Revival !

Options
  • 19-02-2008 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

Lets bring back the photoshop contests to the Digital Art & Design forum , they were good craic after all :D
    If it pleases everyone else we should start a new contest with the theme

Unlikely Political Parties

This can be anything from a simple banner to an individual poster promoting a candidate from the fictional party. As of yet there will be no set closing date but it is likely to be open for submissions for 3 or 4 days. Entry photos should be withing the dimensions 640 x 480 (small I know, but to keep the thread running smoothly) and in .jpg format. And as ever the winner gets to chose the new theme or nominate someone else to do so.

And if no one can be bothered ........ I'll get me coat :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Heres my input

IOU_1.jpg

*sulk*

no one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

O.o *cough*

catdogsu4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

votelocutusdw5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

When's the next one? Didnt notice this one :(

Is it generally jokey kinda entries or can there be serious ones? Like could you do a mock up of a Fianna Fail one as an entry just for practice or is it generally just a bit of fun?

• Advertisement

Generally speaking entries are light hearted because at the end of the day it is the viewer that decides the outcome . So the aim of your image is simply to impress your audience , be it with excellent use of skills , original ideas or comic value . And yes , everything is always just a bit of fun :)

So feel free to join in at anytime no matter you skill level or how new you are to the forum. The new photoshop contest will be up in the next few days and there will be a slight variation on the usual format this time round ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Sounds great! It's just that I'm doing MM in college and this sounds like the perfect way to practice photoshop outside of assignments and maybe get a bit of criticism without clogging up the forum!

I'll see you in the next few days so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

Late as usual but thought it would be a shame not to post anyway enjoy.

black-party-small.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

So feel free to join in at anytime no matter you skill level or how new you are to the forum. The new photoshop contest will be up in the next few days and there will be a slight variation on the usual format this time round ;)

An can we have more time ???

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ill be putting it up tomorrow round quitting time so that it will be open over the weekend when , hopefully, people will have more free time to enter. It will probable be left open til tuesday night then voting will start until the next Friday when the next round will commence all over again .

Hopefully this timetable will be able to boost the participation and make it more enjoyable for everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pauro 76

Just joined this forum. I'm loving these threads, absolute gold. I'll get some pics together and join the madness when I get Photoshop set up. How do you post up images you can see straight away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

It tells you how to do it here.

(Old thread locked)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement