Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACCA Exam List

• 19-02-2008 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to find out a bit of info about ACCA exam but the website doesn't make it easy...

I'm looking for a list of exams required to complete the qualification

As far as I can see it is:

F1-9
    and
    P1-7

Are these the only exams required? Hopefull they are as I hold exemptions from all the F's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

Hi,

You are right however you must do P1 - P3 which are compulsory and two out of the remaining four exams as options then.

Jockey #1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

jockey#1 wrote: »
    ... you must do P1 - P3 which are compulsory and two out of the remaining four exams as options then.

Is there any additional benefit to doing all 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭The CCAinsider

There is no advantage to doing all 4, I am not even sure that you are allowed. If you want to be a Registered Auditor at any stage down the line you will need to do P7, but you can go back and do P7 after you qualify and subsequently decide that you want to be an auditor, although there is a time limit.

So you will have to do P1, P2 and P3 and two from P4 to P7. 5 Exams in total and you can do up to 4 at a time every 6 months. I suggest you do the first 3 together and then the final 2 and you will be finished your ACCA exams in one year…if you are lucky and study quite hard, the professional exams are much harder than college exams. You will have to do an ethics case study (an online thing that will take you 3-4 hours) and 3 years relevant experience to become a member.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

You will have to do an ethics case study (an online thing that will take you 3-4 hours)

Ick, why would you have to do that anyway, ethics have no place in accountancy:D

Seriously though thanks for the advice & jockey#1 as well.

Advertisement