Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would like to see Live at the Marquee this year 2008

Options
  • 19-02-2008 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

I'd like to see Muse, Mika, Oasis, Bon Jovi or Snow Patrol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Goldfrapp,Prodigy,Daft Punk,Massive Attack,Sade,Paul Okenfold,Dj Sasha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

declan o rourke
    Pink
    Sheryl Crowe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Rush,but they don't do festivals
    Pink Floyd with both Waters and Gilmore, but that ain't gonna happen any time soon.
    AC/DC

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

Depeche Mode,Rage against the machine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Depeche Mode,Rage against the machine

WOW - great choices.

incidently i think this years line up so far is beyond atrocious. a complete shambles bill....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

incidently i think this years line up so far is beyond atrocious. a complete shambles bill....

What do you expect..they seem to get acts that are beyond their sell by date and bring them down here and make a fortune out of us mere mortals.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

yep, they only need to get has-beens and sure the desperate music lovers who balk at the thought of ever leaving leeside get all excited and snap up the tickets.

anyway,
    Daft Punk (could U imagine the atmosphere in the marquee!!)
    The Prodigy (are they has-beens yet??), for old times sake
    2Many DJs
    Carl Cox

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭rebs23

Depeche Mode.
    I wouldn't be bothered with anyone on this years line up. I mean Tommy Tiernan again?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

Arcade Fire
    Snow Patrol
    Foo Fighters
    Westlife
    Chris Cornell
    Kelly Clarkson
    Saw Doctors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I got my Clapton Tickets, so I'm happy and I don't think anyone could say Clapton is a "has been"! Seen Weller before and Tommy Tiernan loads of times and not interested in any of the other music acts playing - but it's early days, so we may see something else listed (fingers crossed). But we have to remember the Marquee Concerts are during the Mid Summer Festival in Cork, therefore, catering for all age groups, so they are trying to have something for everyone hence Dolly Parton for the C&W fans, Shane Ward for the kiddies, etc. etc.

Now some of those suggestions above are a definite yes please on my listing -the Foo Fighters, Snow Patrol, Goldfrapp, Depeche Mode - I would be a very, very happy girl if any of them appeared. Though seen the first 3 - have always wanted to see Depeche Mode.

I think Crowded House are on in Dublin around that time (think) would we be so lucky to get them down South - they are fantastic in Concert.

Oh yeah, some of us have been to loads of concerts over the years and travelled far and wide - so of course we get excited by the prospect of something coming to Cork - you can get a bit sick of flights/hotels and even crossing the Irish sea to see a big act. J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Kings Of Leon
    Maximo Park
    Hot Chip

That's all I can think of right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,959 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Kings of leon
    Linkin Park
    Dropkick Murphys
    AC/DC
    Foo Fighters
    Tenacious D
    Feeder
    System of a Down

None of that is possible, but i'm allowed to dream, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

So far confirmed are

Shayne Ward
    Eric Clapton
    Dolly Patron
    Christy Moore
    Tommy Tiernan
    Paul Weller

there is rumours of Enimen, Jay Z, Akon or Timbaland playing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Are we being realistic or do you just wanna hear who we wanna see live?

Fantasy: Daft Punk, Aphex Twin, Radiohead (even if I am seeing them twice this year), QOTSA

Realistic: Hm, well looking at that line up I hope that it catches fire every night..

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

The rumour is Journey might be playing.. That would be mint. Other then that, I think the Marquee would be great for The Prodigy, Daft Punk, Tiesto or something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Also heard rumours of Girls Aloud :rolleyes:

Ah come on, there was at least one decent act in each of the last 2 years, got to see Al Green and Anthony & the Johnsons for free but I may pass up the chance to see any of the current line up.

i heard elvis is makin his big comeback in the marquee.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

oasis or the killers

• Advertisement

all_smilz wrote: »

Yep, an Buddy Holly is supporting;)

all_smilz wrote: »

I'd go to see Mr Costello.

Yep, an Buddy Holly is supporting;)

buddy holly......... ah someone invent a time machine.... and lets go get him....

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Meatloaf has been confirmed.
    These guys really have their finger on the pulse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

http://www.hotpress.com/news/4464426.html
    Meat Loaf will be playing a 'Live at the Marquee' gig in Cork this summer.

The veteran rocker will be in the Marquee, at the Docklands on Centre Park Road, on June 29. Tickets go on sale this Friday, February 29, priced €59.80 standing & €65.70 seated.

He joins Paul Weller, Eric Clapton, Christy Moore, Shayne Ward, Dolly Parton and comedian Tommy Tiernan on the lineup for the summer gig series.
    The show will mark Meat Loaf's return to the Irish live arena after an inter-vocal cyst forced him to walk off stage halfway through a concert in Newcastle last November. The remaining dates of his European tour, including scheduled shows in Belfast and Killarney, were cancelled as he took time off to have an operation.

Also rumoured are Girls Aloud, Chris Brown, Nelly, Sugababes and Akon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Meatloaf has been confirmed.
    These guys really have their finger on the pulse.

dont you mean these guys really have their hand in your bank account.

the marquee was a great idea at the start, but to me it just smacks of exploitation now. please forgive the rant, and i know business is business but they just get in the some popular acts from the past that appeal to very mainstream once a year concert goers and make them pay stupid prices to go see them. a few years ago i wanted to see nick cave and someone else but to be honest it was ridiculously expensive for me. i ended up get free tickets or something like that.

christy moore - he will always pull in a crowd
    eric clapton - ditto
    tommy tiernan - ditto

no thought, no surprises, just big boring names that appeal to people over 35.
    rant over :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Eire 4Ever

Prices for the Marquee are expensive

• Advertisement

I agree with smackbunnybaby but at least Christy Moore is a bit more reasonably priced compared to Dolly feckin Parton! I know she has more costs shipping a concert rig in/out of Ireland but still!

Yes, everything about the Marquee series is about safety and ensuring sound ticket sales.
    At least Faithless were on last year....there's no sign of a dance/electronic act this year is there?

Advertisement