Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would like to see Live at the Marquee this year 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Come on guys you all seem very ageist and harsh towards people once they get to 35 - remember - one day you'll get there too and may be very happy to see bands/performers you loved from years ago.

I'm in my 40's and would kill to see the Foo Fighters (again) and most of my friends aged between 35-50 would love to see a lot of the bands/artists you "younger" Boards writers name on the various lists here of suggested performers.

But for those "oldies" who like a bit of mainstream - thank goodness the Marquee are putting on concerts for them. And yes, if they are putting up that Marquee they need guaranteed ticket sales. The likes of Oxygen (which I've attended several times) cater for the "younger" fans.

Are people supposed to curl up and sit in the corner of their living room with a pipe and never go out again because they have reached 35??? Well, me and my "older friends" who could afford to pay the ridiculous ticket prices you mention will be jumping around at the Eric Clapton Concert and will thoroughly enjoy it. JUDES (the elder lemon on this site by the sounds of things).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

point taken judes, but are you paying such high prices for tickets just cus you can?

to be honest i'm just getting very pissed off recently with ticket prices and exploitation of your current age group judes with regard to music and my generation (mid 20s) with regard to tv shows.
    the morning bruce sp tickets went on sale i watched people in work try to buy the over priced tickets and then as one gig sold you they announced another and then a 3rd. nearly everyone bought 3 at 90 euro each.

i just chose to vent my feelings in this thread! i probably shouldnt have but then seeing the marquees terrible line up again, it was the straw that broke the camels back.

an example of how i subliminally fell for the marquee can be seen even earlier on this thread!
    when asked what bands i would like to see, i immediately thought of two really big but mainstream bands without even considering newer stuff!

i dont know....

rant over again

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

Life Festival is worth a look at for electronic music over the summer.

Its no wonder people go abroad to festivals they get value for money, loads of acts,cheap drink, and a tan.
    Unlike the marquee which is overpriced,outdated acts,expensive beverages.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭marthaclark

neil young.

somebody i know swears it's happening.. another person says 'there are rumours'.. think it might just be a rumour but..

they got my hopes up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

neil young.

somebody i know swears it's happening.. another person says 'there are rumours'.. think it might just be a rumour but..

they got my hopes up?

I heard this also, and someone on the radio said it might be a runner too so you never know. I have no interest myself but I know my old man would love to see him so hopefully it will happen and that will be the birthday pressie sorted!

• Advertisement

well i wouldn't be the biggest neil young fan in the world.. but considering i'm the original cowgirl in the sand I wouldn't miss it.. I'd even pay for my own ticket!

and i'd start listening to that decade album I've been told to listen to a million times. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

Michael Buble And X Factor Winner Leon Are Also Rumoured

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

lizann wrote: »

You're like some kind of dark herald.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bkelaine

dj shadow... royskopp.... sigur ros...

also aphex twin- but not a hope in hell..

but then I probably wouldn't be able to afford the tickets. its def becoming a rip off

its a pity cork doesn't have a decent permanent venue for gigs. and that you have to go to Dublin to see most bands that come to Ireland. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

I think Leon's career is over

I would like to see Michael Buble

• Advertisement

I think Leon's career is over

I would like to see Michael Buble

Would that Buble chap sell out the Marquee? I'd reckon the Opera House to be a better venue for him...anyway, still no sign of the Chemical Bros or Carl Cox coming onto the bill :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

neil young.

they got my hopes up?

That i would go to, it's possible, he is touring at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Would that Buble chap sell out the Marquee? I'd reckon the Opera House to be a better venue for him...anyway, still no sign of the Chemical Bros or Carl Cox coming onto the bill :(
    Id say he would easily

Michael Buble is very popular i think he would sell out the Marquee

Michael Buble is very popular i think he would sell out the Marquee

OK, I stand corrected (and out of the popular music scene)!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭thejuggler

I would like to see Prince. Maybe as hes coming to Dublin around that time there is a chance.

Lou Reed Confirmed.

He is booked in to play Cork Live At The Marquee on June 23.

http://www.hotpress.com/news/4481367.html

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Lou Reed Confirmed.

He is booked in to play Cork Live At The Marquee on June 23.

http://www.hotpress.com/news/4481367.html

Performing Berlin apparently.
    Neil Young also confirmed.
    They've almost redeemed themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

lou reed AND neil young? this is making up for all my ... festival lineup disappointments.

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

sigur ros
    chemical bros
    qotsa
    rhcp
    the prodigy
    kings of leon
    daft punk

i wouldnt mind seeing neil young but id prob have to start saving now the marquee is so bloody expensive. al green wouldnt be bad either id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I'll only get away for one Gig, so Neil Young for me, haven't been there since Roger Waters played.

JayZ confirmed to play

Paul Simon now added to the bill. wish they could get Prince

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

They should get Nick Cave down here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Eire 4Ever

Any dance act this year?

Is the line up now complete?

One or two more announcements next week. They have moved one of Tommy Tiernans gigs to accomodate Paul Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Eire 4Ever wrote: »
    Any dance act this year?

Is the line up now complete?

They'll need one. Not some Cascada sh*t either. Aphex Twin or Squarepusher would be awesome but I don't think the organisers actually like music.

Bet we'll get Podge n Rodge same as last year. They have a show running in Dublin next month that they could easily do at the marquee in june.

• Advertisement

Kold wrote: »
    They'll need one. Not some Cascada sh*t either. Aphex Twin or Squarepusher would be awesome but I don't think the organisers actually like music.

wow, could U imagine Apex Twin playing there!! The local residents would have nightmares for weeks :)

Advertisement