Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forum rules

• 19-02-2008 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Looking for forum rules. Maybe I'm going blind but can't see them here.
    also, how can I PM moderator?
    Have had topic locked for posting in two forum's and want to know if I can unlock it.
    Wasn't sure where best to post so posted in planning topic & 'construction & planning'.
    Planning & building regs. section seems a bit untidy as many topics are discussed at same time.

Comments

To PM someone, just click on their name < and one of the options is "send a private message" click on that and away you go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The forum charter is here;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055036302

The planning sticky is where any planning issues are posted. You did this which was correct, the thread is checked regularly my most of the regular posters.

You then posted the same as a stand alone thread. If the question was posted first as a threas it would of been acceptable (even though not strictly correct) and this happens for major issues or unusual issues, but its not good practice to have two of the same topic running concurrently. One was locked for this reason. The topic will be dealt with in the planning sticky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Have had topic locked for posting in two forum's and want to know if I can unlock it.
    Wasn't sure where best to post so posted in planning topic & 'construction & planning'.
    Planning & building regs. section seems a bit untidy as many topics are discussed at same time.

Hey dont worry about it freedom of speech is out and so is defending anyone with facts, if u do u will be locked and warned but u can throw out insults and have no facts about it and be patted on the back:rolleyes:

Not on this forum, facts are welcomed, insults result in warning and/or bans.

Mellor wrote: »
    Not on this forum, facts are welcomed, insults result in warning and/or bans.

Well explain to me this why a memeber could come and make comments wit out fact and insult a nation of people in my thread i opened to congratulate Kosova on independence and i answered with fact and they again insulted a whole nation of people and it was locked and i was warned for nothing? come on explain please. I even sent a message to mod in question and he has ignored my question to explain why the posts that member made were not deleted from my thread,They could throw out untrue fiction i showed fact and my thread was locked? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

shqipshume wrote: »
    Well explain to me this why a memeber could come and make comments wit out fact and insult a nation of people in my thread i opened to congratulate Kosova on independence and i answered with fact and they again insulted a whole nation of people and it was locked and i was warned for nothing? come on explain please. I even sent a message to mod in question and he has ignored my question to explain why the posts that member made were not deleted from my thread,They could throw out untrue fiction i showed fact and my thread was locked? :confused:
    WTF?

If you have a problem with another forum (because it's very clear that threads about Kosovo's independence don't belong here), take it to feedback. If you post about Kosovo here again, I will ban you from this forum.

This forum is about Construction and Planning issues only. It has nothing whatsoever to do with politics or humanities or anything else.

He should take it to feedback!

smashey wrote: »
    WTF?

If you have a problem with another forum (because it's very clear that threads about Kosovo's independence don't belong here), take it to feedback. If you post about Kosovo here again, I will ban you from this forum.

This forum is about Construction and Planning issues only. It has nothing whatsoever to do with politics or humanities or anything else.

No need to be rude i am only new and am trying to get the hang of the forums. I didnt curse u out or anyone else and i just dont know how this site works, Manners in my own country are something to be desired to a woman

Oh yeah?

Post in feedback not here.

smashey wrote: »
    Oh yeah?

Post in feedback not here.

See that was nice thank you :) i wouldnt have posted here at all if i knew where 2 go
    Sorry and thanks :)

• Advertisement

Forgot to link it....

Slán

Forgot to link it....

Slán

Thank you 2 i saw that :) slan

Between Muffler, Mellor and myself, we get to all posts during the day. Any duplicates are either moved, locked or deleted depending on the content.

shqipshume wrote: »
    I can't comment on how other forums are policed, I am only involved with this one.
    We'll put your outburst (in this forum) down to a beginners mistake. You are welcome to post in the this forum, but stay on topic (this applies to everyone)

Welcomes to Boards.ie

Mellor wrote: »
    I can't comment on how other forums are policed, I am only involved with this one.
    We'll put your outburst (in this forum) down to a beginners mistake. You are welcome to post in the this forum, but stay on topic (this applies to everyone)

Welcomes to Boards.ie
    Ok off topic sorry and in reply i am irish woman thats not a outburst u should know that :D LOL

Thank you :) first welcome see u around forums?

Advertisement