Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psych ...

• 19-02-2008 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

So is there anyone is doing psychology through the arts or psychology itself in MH106. So what do you think of the course. Also how many hours a week is psychology , also is it hard to learn ??? and what are the maths like

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

Looking at your other post about law, i think you are one of those people who'll do well but will have the dubious honour of putting down law, psychology, physio, medicine type choices on your CAO. High points really does not equate to something that you'll like. Talk to your career guidance person and find out what you really want to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

I'm doing Psychology through MH106 at the mo... Actual psychology is 2 lectures a week, a tutorial once every two weeks and a practical every 4 or so weeks, then you'll have your arts subjects so it adds up to about 16 hours per week overall.

The course seems great, but I've seen a huge decrease in class numbers so obviously it's not for everyone. It's not "hard" to learn, although you should be able to name the year and researchers of studies you mention in exam answers so that can be a pain. The maths is easy, most of stats so far isn't even maths, the only maths you'll need is using formulas that are no harder than anything you learned for the LC anyway, infact easier. The biggest chunk of stats is learning all the terms, tests blah blah blah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭nc0987

im interested in psychology too, so any info would be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

kisaragi wrote: »
    I'm doing Psychology through MH106 at the mo... Actual psychology is 2 lectures a week, a tutorial once every two weeks and a practical every 4 or so weeks, then you'll have your arts subjects so it adds up to about 16 hours per week overall.

The course seems great, but I've seen a huge decrease in class numbers so obviously it's not for everyone. It's not "hard" to learn, although you should be able to name the year and researchers of studies you mention in exam answers so that can be a pain. The maths is easy, most of stats so far isn't even maths, the only maths you'll need is using formulas that are no harder than anything you learned for the LC anyway, infact easier. The biggest chunk of stats is learning all the terms, tests blah blah blah...
    dango wrote: »
    Looking at your other post about law, i think you are one of those people who'll do well but will have the dubious honour of putting down law, psychology, physio, medicine type choices on your CAO. High points really does not equate to something that you'll like. Talk to your career guidance person and find out what you really want to do.

Thanks guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

dango wrote: »

Did you do Psychology...........???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mcwoof

ya im in 2nd yr 1st yr has about 15 hrs and youve two arts subjects included in that its not great in 1st yr but the experiments r interesting 2nd yr has a lot of work but its a good course the maths in 1st yr seem worse than they really are... they'll just wreck your head but you'll manage most of em...

Advertisement