Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Starting Problem

Options
  • 19-02-2008 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi All,

When I start the car, the revs drop and it cuts out.

If I give it some gas - that being a good few taps on the gas pedal, it picks up but is quite shakey for the first 1 or 2 minutes.

Any ideas what is going on ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Make/Model/Year

Nothing against the OP - but if folks have a problem/mechanical fault could they post their vehicle details - knowing the type of vehicle involved can help to narrow down the fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

crosstownk wrote: »
    Make/Model/Year

Nothing against the OP - but if folks have a problem/mechanical fault could they post their vehicle details - knowing the type of vehicle involved can help to narrow down the fault.
    Yes your right, also maybe a new motors sub forum for mechanical problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Plug wrote: »
    maybe a new motors sub forum for mechanical problems.

Yep - I think that would be a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Probably just something simple like a dirty throttle bottle that needs to be cleaned out, I think I've had that issue on every car I've owned at some stage and simple enough to clean out. Of course that's if your mechanically minded which I'm not so I get it done at service time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 PurpleHouse

lol - E36 318is Coupe M44 !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭domania

I agree on dirty throttle body. It's very common issue.

Advertisement