Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airing room for writers?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

lorna100 wrote: »
    hey to all,

Ive been writing lyrics for the past year or so, albeit very badly. Love writing and finishing something, but its rare that i find music that suits the mood. if that makes sense?

would love to come to one of the nights, maybe not to share any of my lyrics just yet but to get a few ideas, and hopefully learn something on the way.

Lorna
    Perfect Lorna, that's what the idea of airing room is.
    Anyone up for meeting this week? Sunny afternoon on the balcony could just be the tonic. I'm free all week and any evening suits so I'll leave it open to those interested to get ball rolling on setting a date.

Just a refresh on the lack of rules if you haven't been keeping up with this thread:
    Smoke what you want.
    Drink what you want.
    Participate any way you want.
    Come positive, leave positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

sounds great, am free tomorrow evening, thats it this week but next week am free every afternoon/evening.
    where abouts is your apartment/ house based?

Lorna

Islandbridge about 10 minute outta city along liffey. Very easy to get to by bus or Luas leaving a 15min walk. Sure I'm open for tomorrow and let's put it out there for anyone interested. If no one responds on line I'll call 1 or 2 people tomorrow to. I'll p.m you on my details.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Should be able to make it.

Dunno about the balcony though... Looks pretty miserable out there.

Oink wrote: »
    Should be able to make it.

Dunno about the balcony though... Looks pretty miserable out there.
    Yeah I'm looking out at it now and realized my washing is out on it! I'll give a call later then Oink and see what story is. I'll Pm that bass player chap too.

Bass player chap replied.
    ;)

Not able to make it tonight I'm afraid. But I'll try my best to get there soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 JBuffet

Hey guys, I would be up for this evening, if its still going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭dream brother

I know I said we would try and make it out soon...and we will....just been trying to find time to get together ourselves....jamming tonight though and heading to the legal eagle

JBuffet wrote: »
    Hey guys, I would be up for this evening, if its still going ahead?
    It sure is JB, it'll be good to have you along. At the moment it's Oink and I. I'll PM on details.
    No better way to spend a rainy wednesday.

7.30 - 8-ish?

• Advertisement

That was another fun night! Very impressed with JBuffet's material !
    I quite enjoyed played the hairbrush/astronaut (i.e washboard - you had to be there). :D

Looking forward to the next session!

That was another fun night! Very impressed with JBuffet's material !
    I quite enjoyed played the hairbrush/astronaut (i.e washboard - you had to be there). :D

Looking forward to the next session!
    Yeah how about JBs work. Stunning voice and skills. But the hairbrush and astronaut, although meaning little by themselves, took on a whole new life form in your capable hands Oink! I find it hard to believe that you'd never played them before.

Cracker! After the other night I kicked on with the lyrics to St.Nicholas Without (the one about the disappearing magicians assistant). Without a doubt I was spurned on by the reaction to the tune by those present. Thanks Oink and JB. We'll sort royalties out next time you're over.

yeah, good night all round! have plenty of work to do on some songs but the encouragement was great. cheers! hopefully next time the weather allows us outside

I'm after getting a loan of an electric bass guitar and amp for whoever's intersted in playing it.

Agree there JB an evening on the balcony would be good. Beatles on Abbey road job.

As usual the evening is open to all interested in the creative process so if you think you might enjoy yourself just put it up on thread.

Wed. or Thursday anyone?

Or next week?

there's an electric bass and amp, guitars, a hair brush and an astronaut if anyone wants to have a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭dream brother

Whens the next session??

Whens the next session??
    Probably next week dream. I'm gonna be busy tomorrow and over weekend.(Unless somone else wants to host of course).
    Put a day down that suits you and see if others will work around it.

Yeah, next week sounds more like it for me too. I can' t on Tuesday though. and not sure about Monday, but probably not.

• Advertisement

Yeah, next week sounds more like it for me too. I can' t on Tuesday though. and not sure about Monday, but probably not.
    Yeah...leave it til next week. Anytime suits here at moment.

Anyone for thursday evening or a weekend meet up?

humberklog wrote: »
    Anyone for thursday evening or a weekend meet up?

Might be able to make Friday or Sunday.

And... after a few dry years, I might have the beginning of a new song. Well... A verse anyway.

Sunday's good here. Sunday it is so. looking forward to hearing it oink.
    Anyone else interested in popping over on Sunday afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭caesura

Hi There
    Just sent you a PM
    Cheers ;-)

So anyone else interested in a relaxed sunny sunday afternoon on the balcony?
    JBuffet? JackDev? Anyone and everyone is welcome.
    Just put your intention on thread and I'll pm on details.

• Advertisement

Tomorrow(thursday) anyone?

I'm in if we can get another genius to join us...

I'm in if we can get another genius to join us...
    Same as Oink. But something has come up this evenig so gonna have to knock that on head. How about weekend? Definately free and no surprising nakedness on piers on the horizon.
    So saturday or sunday anyone?

Hey there, I could do Saturday anytime between 2pm and 10pm - if that's going ahead...

caesura wrote: »
    Hey there, I could do Saturday anytime between 2pm and 10pm - if that's going ahead...
    Sounds good here. How about it oink?

• Advertisement

I'm guessing it's not happening today then...

caesura wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's not happening today then...
    Guessed wrong caesura. Shoulda just given a ring.
    Cracking evening oink. Really worked hearing your perspective on those tunes. I think that they're a good2 to start concentrating on wrapping up. All input an advice welcome. I'll have the words for the 7fret finished for next time. 'Who's gonna want me now' is falling into shape now brilliantly. Much more melodic after catching what you were hearing in it. Cheers. Getting a bit braver with notions now...maybe a duo on Frobishers thingy could be in pipe line after all.

Yeah, that was definitely fun.
    i need to find some sort of waterglass or bell or timpani kinda thingy, because they would definitely sound good on some of your songs.

Yeah, that was definitely fun.
    i need to find some sort of waterglass or bell or timpani kinda thingy, because they would definitely sound good on some of your songs.
    Daisy's xylaphone?

Tellsya oink I figured what 'who's gonna want me now' needs. A saw. I haven't a clue about it other than you need a bow and a hand saw. Does anyone out there know a saw player? To get idea of sound I'm looking for listen to the original score of the movie One flew over the cuckoos nest.

Looking for a day for next airing room session. Anyone with a suggestion of a day and inclination to come?
    And if you bring a saw and bow or even better a Theremin I might even make rounds of banana sandwiches and a big pot of tea.

Anyone for a meet up this week or weekend? I'm free for next few days except Wednesday. Frobishers 'song room' is back up and running that night(the globe,georges st.). Always an interesting evening and now with a better night of the week and a top venue all is looking even better.
    Lack of rules and expectations for the airingroom are the usual and as always anyone with an intertest in coming along is welcome. Just post yourt interest in coming up on the thread and we can organise a day to suit all.
    Saw players, cellists and a clarinet most welcome.

hey guys, I'm around this weekend, if you'll have me back! have an old beat up clarinet somewhere in the house too. will have to check its playability (?), but will gladly bring along.

Sounds good to me !! I can't on Saturday, but Sunday is good.

Sunday's perfect. Anytime too.
    JB always a pleasure. I thought you'd been beamed back to the mothership! I'll give you a text as I'm not sure if you tinterweb access. Good man oink talk to you over weekend.
    Anyone else up for a sunday?

Nice one Oink...I think I've the lyrics for Haughton's Drop in the bag now. Woke up inspired and capoing the correct fret.
    That other one is deffo country. Gene Autry type country.

• Advertisement

:confused: **googling Gene Autry**Ah yeah.

Next time I'm around I'll need a recording (if only on the mobile) of the 2/3 songs we ve been working on, to have a chance to start messing around a bit more. Maybe on the piano or something.

:confused: **googling Gene Autry**Ah yeah.

Next time I'm around I'll need a recording (if only on the mobile) of the 2/3 songs we ve been working on, to have a chance to start messing around a bit more. Maybe on the piano or something.
    I've got a 8track recording studio thingy(mics,pick ups and blah blah too) that also burns cd's so we can use that.

This week anyone?

Anyone up for flexing their muscles in front of a mirror this week?
    Jack Dev? JBuffet? Oink? Anyone else?

I have a couple of things lined up for the weekend, but how's Monday night? Might be able to do Sunday night, but it may be more difficult.

Yeah I'm gonna be busy this weekend too but can be free most nights til then. Hey Oink I'm writing a song in french but don't think I'm fully getting setting right in French. Could well do with your babelfish abilities.
    The song is set in the troubled sleep of the unwilling sexual partner of a troubled afrikaaner abortionist.

The song is set in the troubled sleep of the unwilling sexual partner of a troubled afrikaaner abortionist.

I didn't expect any less from you.

When I have a minute I'll try and re-read that sentence. Right now it makes my head hurt :D.

Might try and arrange something for this week then. I don't make any decisions on Mondays, so let's talk tomorrow.

Regarding that song of yours: I see that you already have a bit on weird sex, so that's half the battle. The lyrics will sort themselves out. We'll give it a shot.

Regarding that song of yours: I see that you already have a bit on weird sex, so that's half the battle. The lyrics will sort themselves out. We'll give it a shot.
    The new ones not about weird sex! Just about an unresolved awkward silence between lover and abortionist. You'll love it!

• Advertisement

The new ones not about weird sex!

Ah well, can't have everything I suppose...

Advertisement