Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airing room for writers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

Yep, I'm good for this week. Don't have much written but I'm sure I'll have something to show.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

How about this Wed. or Thursday? Same place as before?

Fri. and sat are out for me at the moment

Anyone interested then pop your interest down here and we'll see how it pans out.

Either is fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I'd be interested but I have exams so I couldn't do Wednesday. Could do Thursday but would need to get off work so give me a bit of notice.

If you can't fit me in with these dates no worries I'll try make the next one.

Thursday it is then. About 8- 8.30?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 Jack DeValera

Thursday's fine with me. See ya'll then.

Anyone up for this Wednesday?

I don't think I'll make it, I think I'll be in Wicklow. Busy ass week. But if I'm not in Wicklow I'll be there.

Okay, we're difficulty getting a day that suits everyone. Should we pick one further in advance?

How about next week instead - Does Wednesday 13th of May suit people?

Nope, can't really do next week, except maybe Friday. Don't change on account of me though, I've very little written to show you guys anyway!

You around on the 14th Jack? Playing in the village if you're interested in coming let me know.

• Advertisement

Are we going at this again any time soon?

Good thinking Arid. Could be just what the doctor ordered.
    How about next week? Any day is good with me.

Same I think, any day at all.

Deadly. I thought you were away for the summer.
    Anyone else interested?

I'd love to, but I can't any time in the next 3 weeks. I'd love to get together when I get back though, so maybe pencil another one in for August.

I'd love to, but I can't any time in the next 3 weeks. I'd love to get together when I get back though, so maybe pencil another one in for August.

Will do Jack. If I remeber right then you're heading down the aisle? Good luck with all of that.

Bump up the jam.

Two tunes doing my nut in. Words aren't coming.
    Bumped into Oink and we reckon it's time to get an Airing room together. If you're reading this and are curious then have a read through the thread and see if it floats your boat.
    Anyday next week is good with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Wormking2002

I'd be interested...have a few tunes written myself (not great but mine)....does it have to be acoustic or are electrics allowed? would be interested in getting another angle on them...sundays would interest me big time...

Quite busy at the moment but if I can make whatever date yiz set I will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Hey guys,

I would be really interested in joining you good folk at this!

My usual style is electronic, but in the past i was in a good few guitar driven bands that worked on original material so i do have some song writing/lyric writing experience.

At the moment i am strictly computer based...but can bring along my laptop, a MIDI keyboard for use with various types of VST's and affects, some home production experience and possibly my best quality...my voice.

I want to move into making softer sounding musical that is melody and vocally driven and frankly i need a bit of help.

Well there is a simple key board available (I can hear the Arid and Oink laughing as it is a '80's type casio or something.

Ok how about next week or weekend? Anyone up for it? I'll send a text or two out to those thart I've the numbers for.

I'm back and I'm up for it.

Next Wednesday suit people for a meet-up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

Is anybody about Galway? This sounds like a great idea, and i'd love to try to organise one.

Excellent. Next Wednesday it is. Hope all went good for you J.

So next Wed it is. Anyone interested then now we have a date to work with. Wed. evening...perfect.

Gonna use the same place as the last, I'll have the mixer desk and moniters working too so if anyone wants to bring electric stuff along there'll be something to plug it into and play it through.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Sorry H, can't make this one. I have a lot on at the moment, hard to find the time...

Have fun you crazy kids...

• Advertisement

We still on for tonight??

Who's coming?

Hey Jack I'm only after getting into Dublin an hour ago. It'd suit me to do it another night. Any other night is good.

Alright.

How about next Wednesday? Does that suit?

Feel free to chime in anyone else who wants to come, the more there the better for everyone.

Will try to refresh this - Anybody up for next week? Humber? Oink? AridStar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

now that the summer is gone and I'll be getting into a writing routine for the autumn & winter... count me in. I'd like to throw a couple of works-in-progress out there to be listened to

• Advertisement

I'd love to, but I don't think I'll be around at all this week. Post-Electric Picnic would definitely suit though.

Right, sorry for my absence HK. I got very lucky have been working with producers all over the world, lol. Not sure how it happened, but it appears to be going well.

Anyway, would definitely be up for coming to one of these. My aim would be to get recording of anybody who is willing to offer them, and then just try and go with that into my own music.

As an idea of the kind of stuff i am doing, the below is something i did. A blend of Deep South vocal and bluesy sounds, and electronic genre called Dubstep.

http://soundcloud.com/rolling-blackout/tonight-they-die

If anyone would be interested, i am always looking to do something odd with music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 swani

hi dragan
    just signed up I read you were working with producers all over the world is there any chance you ran into garet jack knife lee he is from dublin and he is a producer i have being looking for his e-mail for a while

swani wrote: »
    hi dragan
    just signed up I read you were working with producers all over the world is there any chance you ran into garet jack knife lee he is from dublin and he is a producer i have being looking for his e-mail for a while

Sorry mate, he definitely wouldn't be on my scope i'm afraid.

I would suggest you try over on the Music Production forum, as people may know him there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 swani

Thanks I shall try that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭Caught

Just wondering, where do you guys meet up? :confused:

It's usually in Humberklog's place - not far outside dublin city centre. I'll let him pm you the address when it happens next.

And Humberklog, we on for doing this soon? We've cancelled the last few times - you up for it next week?

Haven't heard from you in a long while - are you alive?

Yeah I've been in and out of country in a hit and miss way for the last 2 weeks and I'm off to Spain for a week tomorrow but would deffo be up for the week following.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Black Thorn

I'd be up for heading your way if all suits. Wouldn't mind getting my writing back on track.

This week or next is good for me. Let's try and pick this up for the early winter months, I'm hoping for a xmas no.1 and finally breaking through into the gentile market. Fri. and Sat of this week are out though but any others considered if the numbers make sense.

• Advertisement

Ditto Humberklog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭travis1976

Hi Humberklog, I love your idea of an airing room, and wondered if you would mind if I kinda hijacked the idea. I'm in the same boat as you were, with not wanting to play my material to a room full of cynics, but wouldn't mind a room of like minded souls.
    Would you mind, I will of course credit the idea to you.....

You're already an inspiration Humberklog!:pac:

Anyone on for this week? How you set Humberklog? Been ages since we did the last one.

Does Thursday suit anyone?

Very, very busy at the moment so probably a no go this week.:(

Yep, Thursday's good here.

You're going to kick me in the head Humberklog, but I now can't do Thursday....

Shall we aim for next week, and try to get some more bodies?

Wednesday next week anyone?

Kick in the head on the way....

Yeah, next Wed. is good here. Let's aim for that then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 00narayana00

hey

i dont know much about anything especially anything of importance

i wrote this out and added some music

check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPgX8HbEsgo

• Advertisement

I think I could do Wednesday.

Advertisement