Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

importing mysql db onto hosting365

Options
  • 19-02-2008 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

im trying to get my php/mysql website up and running
    iv got a domain on hosting365 and now i need to import my mysql db, from my laptop.
    i have been using wamp,
    is there a way of bringing across all my data from the db, rather than having to enter all the data/tables again?
    im also wondering if its possible to set up a phpbb n hosting365, is there a wizard on hosting365 thats supports phpbb?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yes it certainly is possible.

You can do a MySQL dump - this is prob easiest done via PHPMyAdmin. I'm sure that came with WAMP. Export it to a file.

Then go onto PHPMyAdmin on your hosting365 account (Prob in control panel) and create a database and import the SQL back in.

Its quite simle really.

As for setting up phpBB, i amn't sure about hosting365 but even so its not difficult to set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If you have a question related to your host, please consult your hosts technical support team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement