Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

upgrading a barrel/motor in an Cyma AK47

• 19-02-2008 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

hi all

i was thinking about swapping the barrel around in my cyma ak47 (cm028), from what i understand the main reason for doing so is for greater accuracy,

just to get some advice is there generally much of a noticeable difference when you switch over? is their any other benifits?

also i was thinking about a new motor again from what ive read you can get a higher rate of fire, but the cons are that it can wear out your gearbox faster and you might have to get higher capacity batteries, again anything else i should know?

if anyone has any suggestions or if you know of decentish brands of motors/barrels that might suit i would appreciate the info

thanks all

J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

the tight barrel will give you better groupings and will in effect give ya a longer effective range. Id suggest going for a Prometheus tight barrel [their are some other good ones to] if you do go for a tight barrel id also suggest using heavier bb's such as ksc/Marui/Excel 0.23's or 0.25's, You will get a nice range boost with those combined. A better hop up such as a clear Guarder one is something that would be worth getting and is extremely cheap and will further increase range and accuracy.
    hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Firstly, whats the fps on your 028? If its very close to the limit then a Tight bore is not an option unless you change the spring down as it will add 10-15fps. I have one in my CA Aug and accuracy increased a little bit but not sure if its worth the €40-50 you'll pay. On the other hand its easier than other upgrades. The motor situation varies. Research and see if others have used a 9.6v successfully with stock parts, that may be all thats needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

thanks,

heres a barrel and according to the chart on ehobby its the right lenght for an ak,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280192304358&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

Systema 6.04 BS Airsoft AEG Inner Barrel 455mm Z-09-28

its firing around 315fps, ive got heaps of springs around the place so im sure i could improve on that, but maybe from whats been said i might be better off getting a barrel which would mean better range and accuracy?

i cant seem to find the hop up though do you know where i could get one?

johnboyire wrote: »
    thanks,

heres a barrel and according to the chart on ehobby its the right lenght for an ak,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280192304358&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

Systema 6.04 BS Airsoft AEG Inner Barrel 455mm Z-09-28

its firing around 315fps, ive got heaps of springs around the place so im sure i could improve on that, but maybe from whats been said i might be better off getting a barrel which would mean better range and accuracy?

i cant seem to find the hop up though do you know where i could get one?

Also have one of those in my Aug. Search ebay for a Guarder 120% hopup.

how about this hop-up?

http://www.cobraairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=3715

i was not able to find this Guarder 120% hopup.

• Advertisement

not sure if the hop chamber would need to be replaced at all, depends on which release version of the gun you have.
    this "hop bucking" should help combined with the barrel and quality bb's
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Guarder-Improved-HOP-UP-BUCKING-for-Airsoft-AEG-GE0701_W0QQitemZ270213010967QQihZ017QQcategoryZ64635QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

is their much of a difference between the 6.04 and 6.03 barrels in terms of performance? (and dont say 0.01 :D)

and dont say 0.01 )
    :p
    hard to say, the difference would vary from Aeg to aeg, one thing though if you do get a 6.03 you will have to clean it religiously and will have to use high quality bb's to avoid jams [and get better performance]. The 6.04 wont need to be cleaned as much. Id recommend a Prometheus 6.03 barrel if you dont mind cleaning it a lot, they are fairly costly but they would be the best non-custom tightbores around according to most.

:p
    hard to say, the difference would vary from Aeg to aeg, one thing though if you do get a 6.03 you will have to clean it religiously and will have to use high quality bb's to avoid jams [and get better performance]. The 6.04 wont need to be cleaned as much. Id recommend a Prometheus 6.03 barrel if you dont mind cleaning it a lot, they are fairly costly but they would be the best non-custom tightbores around according to most.

Think mines an 6.03. Its surprising how much dirt collects in it.

yea same with mine, if i fail to give it a thorough cleaning after every game its accuracy goes to ****e. i hear 6.04's are no were near as bad for dirt collection, considering the very slight difference in diameter they might be the way to go for most.

• Advertisement
Advertisement