Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Weather League (2008)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Snowbie minus 10 points for badgering the judges.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

lol, maybe ur only chance of getting ahead of me then.

Snowbie -20 points and a mars bar.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

How do i get involved in the weather league

Just answer the forecast questions at the end of the month for next month thats all .
    If yer not in ye can't win (or badger the judge) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Strasser

I fear this will be another low scoring month for me. I won't be surprised if i'm pipped at the post.
    I think Strasser might well have been champ' if he had been in the weather league from the beginning.

Thanks for the encouraging words, we'll never know but there's always next year.
    I'm really looking forward to the next few months when we have to start weighing up the chances of what we want (cold and snow) against what we'll probably get, despite the current promising signals, mild dross. So will your predicted minimum be -10 in a siberian easterly or a -1 from an overnight atlantic ridge? Could I suggest that one of the questions, to really set us up with this dilemma, be "number of days with snow lying" at one of the midland stations?

As the months have rolled by a clear patterning has emerged..Nacho is a lucky so and so extremely accurate forecaster of immense skill and possibly is a secret agent from Met Eireann, and that I shouldn't give up the day job any time soon.

Once again Nacho tops the monthly charts and is year to date table topper too. I really must try to fix these questions better :P

Nemonoid and Danno are finishing strongly and I think ones for Nacho to watch out for next year!

Snowbie moves back to second place due to getting an extra 10 points for his lucky skilful prediction of the first frost of the season or something..no, I'm not bitter! :pac:

Look like Nacho is may have the inaugural Boards Weather League champion title sown up for 2008 barring any score rigging surprising mishaps this month ;):D:pac:

So without further adieu here are the month and year to date tables.

Nacho Libre, take a bow!!

boards_november_league.jpg

boards_november_ranking.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Any word on the Dec results?

Sorry Danno (and everyone else) have been caught up with other stuff recently. I'll do them tomorrow evening in work when its quiet.

Fair play SC, no rush.

• Advertisement

Here are the final results of the Boards 2008 Weather league.
    The final winner will come as a huge shock to you all..but more on that later...

In December all exact answers scored double points which lead to some very high scores.
    Trogdor topped the monthly table as indeed he did in the first month of the league back in march with an impressive 86 point..followed by the one and only Nacho..and myself and Nemonoid. Snowbie obviously was drinking when he made his forecast for snow on Xmas day and Paddy go so excited with the whole thing (goading Nacho mostly..) that he forgot to enter himself :D

Here's the December league, well done to all table toppers :D

december.jpg

There was a few last minute place changes Trogdor moving into second spot and Nemonoid holding on to third place by two points.

Snowbie dropped a couple of places to sixth and CH750536 making his first appearance in the top fine, one to watch next year for sure!!

Drum roll...!!!!!!!

So without further adieu, let me offer the congratulations to Nacho Libre, Boards.ie 2008 Weather League Champion!!!

Here's a picture of the Champ his ma sent me of him posing for us in his native Mayo after being informed of his pending victory.

da-nacho.jpg

Here's the final league standings for 2008. Lets hope next year is just as much fun and that I don't have to ask Nacho's ma for more pictures :pac::pac::D

december_overall.jpg

Classic! LOL! Congrats Nacho! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Well done nachos and all involved in the league and stuff, well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭kindredspirit

Well done Nacho. Consistent every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

We have a comedian in the house:pac::pac:

I'd just like to point out i've lost some weight since that picture was taken and the photographer didn't get my best side either:o:D

Thanks to supercell once again for keeping the comp' updated throughout the year and more importantly thanks to him for accepting my monthly brown envelopes;)

Advertisement