Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mp3sparks.com

Options
  • 19-02-2008 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

anyone else having any trouble accessing the site recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's up and down all the time. Probably some attempt to shut it down or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ana_conlon

yea driving me nut's still worth it though !!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 blackpj

i used to use allofmp3 and tried using this recently, i registered no problem but i can't add money to my balance with my credit card, it just says they're having difficulties recieving money from credit cards...anyone else have this problem?

yea cant add credit either it goes down from time to time they will get it sorted eventually

I found this article this morning… it’s from last July but I’m guessing the same problem is occurring again ........they must be experiencing legal problems again are are not allowed to accept credit card from outside Russian .....they got pass this last July but I’m guessing they are having the same legal problem again... !!

Russian Judge: AllofMP3 (a.k.a. MP3Sparks) Can Accept Credit Cards

By Eliot Van Buskirk icon_email.gifJuly 18, 2007 | 11:13:00 AMCategories: Copyright and Copyfight

mp3sparks.png A Russian court has ruled that MP3Sparks (formerly known as AllofMP3) can once again accept credit card orders from Mastercard and Visa for its bargain-priced, un-DRMed online music store -- the latest in an ongoing saga involving the US trying to make Russia's adherence to US-style copyright rules a criterion for Russia's acceptance into the World Trade Organization.
    According to Digital Music News,
    "The ruling, issued by a Moscow-based bench, criticized Rosbank Visa for determining the legality of the destination at the behest of copyright owners, and not a higher authority."
    (Yeah... if only those Russians would listen to higher authorities than copyright holders. Stateside, we have panels such as the Copyright Royalty Board, which make such decisions independently. Oh, wait, that's right... the CRB adopted SoundExchange's proposed royalty rates pretty much letter for letter.)
    Regardless of the ruling, MP3Sparks currently does not accept credit card orders from the US, as I just verified. If that changes, I'd recommend using a pre-paid credit card to fill your account. It probably wouldn't be the best idea in the world to leave your credit card information floating around in a database of a company that could still disintegrate under pressure from international copyright interests, this ruling to the contrary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

I haven't used mpsparks for ages, but had a look today and saw the folling on their homepage:
    WARNING ALERT!
    www.aom3.org is controlled by IFPI and RIAA lobby. Be careful about the information you leave at this site.

Does anyone know what this means? I always thought that mp3sparks was legal, but "frowned upon" by the music industry.

Advertisement