Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matterazzi

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Initially I thought it was deflected, then looking at some of the replays it looked like Kuyt just drove it into the ground. It is possible that it spun off the studs, but I wouldn't be certain of it.

i think it's pretty certain it was deflected. he scuffed the shot but the flight of the ball was almost straight at the keepr until goes through the players' legs, so unless it hit a divet i can't see what could have raised it up so much.. either way it was a lucky goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

cheesedude wrote: »
    For me, it's probably free flowing attacking football...

But i gave my opinion there...

Champions League should be winners playing winners...Liverpool haven't won the league in years...they can't even conquer England yet they were European Cup Champions in 2005...they did deserve to win overall but my point is how they got there in the first place...it should be the top two teams of each league or something...:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

But i gave my opinion there...

Champions League should be winners playing winners...Liverpool haven't won the league in years...they can't even conquer England yet they were European Cup Champions in 2005...they did deserve to win overall but my point is how they got there in the first place...it should be the top two teams of each league or something...:confused:
    Are you serious ? How could you argue that Liverpool should not be in the competition because they did not win the league and then go on to say that it should be the top two. Surely the team in second could not qulaify under your new and improved tournament :rolleyes:

Well the top 4 is a bit ridiculous in my opinion especially considering how far behind points wise they actually get...

But if for example Man United finished in fourth I am fairly confident you would be happy for them to be in the CL. Here's an idea, when you take over as head of FIFA you can implement your changes to reduce the revenue of some of the biggest clubs in europe.

I am sure it will fly through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

stooge wrote: »
    FFS, lol.

Come on guys, stop defending obvious things like hyppia's handball, Kuyts goal being deflected, and Materazzi's sending off being harsh. You got your win and will most likely go through. Fair play. But coming out with the stuff above just makes it look as if you have total blinkers on.

I'm not trying to take the win away from Liverpool, sometimes you get the breaks, sometimes you don't. Last night you got the breaks (sending off, cordoba going off, deflected goal).

Yea L'pool really got the breaks last night. If that effort from Julio Cruz from 45yrds had gone in instead of hitting the corner flag, or if Hyppia had made 2 professional fouls in the first half and got sent off then i'd say Inter could have gone on to win it.....

Get a grip will you. There may have been a deflection for 1st goal, there was only 1 team in the game from the first minute. Defo peno turned down and there was only one team ever going to score.
    Hyypia 'handball' was anything but obvious. I didn't think there was a handball at all and Inter players did fcuk all protesting about it so it was anything but obvious...

But if for example Man United finished in fourth I am fairly confident you would be happy for them to be in the CL. Here's an idea, when you take over as head of FIFA you can implement your changes to reduce the revenue of some of the biggest clubs in europe.

I am sure it will fly through.

Well you see there is the problem...

Money and it's a pity...

And being honest, after all these years of fourth placed teams being put in the CL, I would be a bit pissed off if United finished fourth and couldn't get in...but it doesn't seem right for any team to finish fourth and end up in the CHAMPIONS league...

Maybe set up another European tournament or else dump them all in the Uefa cup for all the **** teams who can't compete in their league and sort out tv rights etc...

Like look at the state of Ac Milan this season in their league, current form suggest they won't be in it next year...but they are the most successful Italian team to play it and can win it anytime...but they don't deserve to be in it because they are playing shocking football in Serie A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Very very harsh red card for Materazzi! His dirty reputation got the better of the referee. And I never noticed how big of a girl Torres was about it.

Edit: BTW this thread is about the Materazzi red card not the state of the CL seedings from the league! Start your own thread if you want to discuss it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

stooge wrote: »
    FFS, lol.

Come on guys, stop defending obvious things like hyppia's handball, Kuyts goal being deflected, and Materazzi's sending off being harsh. You got your win and will most likely go through. Fair play. But coming out with the stuff above just makes it look as if you have total blinkers on.

I'm not trying to take the win away from Liverpool, sometimes you get the breaks, sometimes you don't. Last night you got the breaks (sending off, cordoba going off, deflected goal).
    GFY

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    GFY

Can we assume GFY stands for Go F*ck Yourself and have I misinterpeted it:eek:

• Advertisement

Let's go for something else like Good for you and not try and have a user banned eh ?

Let's go for something else like Good for you and not try and have a user banned eh ?

May well be that, but just as to be sure, maybe the poster may clarify himself.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Why does he have to clarify himself to you. :rolleyes: I know it is probably not my place to ask so let's call it curiosity eh.

Why does he have to clarify himself to you. :rolleyes: I know it is probably not my place to ask so let's call it curiosity eh.

Maybe not to me to to the other users on here. That sort of language is out of order and against the charter may I add. That is if is suppose to me what I suggested it may mean, If not then theres no problem then.

and

Maybe not to me to to the other users on here. That sort of language is out of order and against the charter may I add. That is if is suppose to me what I suggested it may mean, If not then theres no problem then.

Stop causing trouble...your acting like a geek and embarrassing yourself. Why don't you contribute to the thread instead of being pathetic?

Only an hour to go before kick off...So many good matches on tonight...i'd love to see all of them if i could. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Exactly. TTFN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Childish and trying to get someone else banned. You expect anyone to come and say they mean Go Fuck Yourself so they can pick up a ban? :rolleyes:
    I quite like T4TF's version. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i half agree with you as a liverpool fan - but what i would say is if you were to go down that road it has to be black and white - only the champion of the respective league no 2nd place either keep with the big teams or just the winner.

Advertisement