Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Bay Fm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Over&Over

and how could I forget that night time show years back.."The Love Hour' with Carina Gavin..."and this Boyz2Men track goes out to all you madly in love out there in Monivea.."

:):):):):)

That show was like an Alan Partridge parody of what a 'love show' might be. Really a comic scriptwriter wouldn't push the boat out as much as she did, lest the were accused of over-exaggeration. Having said that it was probably the most entertaining show GBFM ever had.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

*L*
    The Corina Gavin one is so bad it's good, it must be listened to. Is that her real voice though, she must be making love to that microphone now since 1994

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭bbop

She doesnt do the show any more, Alan Murphy is the night time presenter now...........the less said about that the better!

She'll be missed :D

I've got a feeling that Celine Dion will be wondering why airplay royalties suddenly dropped

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

That Peter Kay sketch comes to mind,,recording songs from the radio , in ths case, on the love hour..I will admit to recording 'My Heart Will Go On!!!'...please don't ban me form the boards!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 williejoe

Hey bbop, didnt know they could get gbfm in today fm in dublin. must be on the ntl. Did you feel this way about the station when you worked there and gave you your start and training. Or is it because you have become more enlightened in the big smoke. Up Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

williejoe wrote: »
    Hey bbop, didnt know they could get gbfm in today fm in dublin. must be on the ntl. Did you feel this way about the station when you worked there and gave you your start and training. Or is it because you have become more enlightened in the big smoke. Up Mayo.

I have a mate in NY who tunes into GBFM on the web every day just to listen to the lunchtime news.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

..speaking of the love hour how many remembers..."I'd like to say hi to Paul(or insert any random guy/girls name here) in Mountbellew(or insert random place name here) from a secret admirer"...how many f***in' Pauls are out there going.."Is that me????"..Could these people be any more vague!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RadioFan

In fairness to Alan Murphy though, I think his night time show is enjoyable. It seems like he puts a lot of work into it and actually cares about his show. It's lively and fresh and he gets excellent guests that local radio stations never usually get. He has a good voice. Gareth is good too, like his brekkie show alot. ollie is very witty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Yo!

I agree RadioFan, I think Alan is a good presenter, sometimes a bit loud but his show is always different and entertaining. He plays the best music on galway bay and he sounds like he enjoys doing his show. He's one of the few young presenters with talent, much better than all the hyper ones on i. plus he is a good news reader, very clear, nice voice. always listen to his show at night time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Hello Alan.

Registering one fake account for PR reasons is generally seen as sad, but 2 points towards some deeper psychological disorder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RadioFan

uh I'm confused. I'm Sal but ok :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

RadioFan - why did you edit your first post seconds before you posted your second post? What did your original post originally say?

Nice to see boards getting 3 new users (WillieJoe, RadioFan, and Yo!) popping their cherries on one thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shiela

Why dont Galway Bay FM support music from Galway Bands and Artists?, there is real quality here, the station could do a lot to help the artistic reputation of Galway, fair question

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Lots of new users popping up here. ;)

Does Jon Richards not do those in-house studio sessions anymore?

Again, Raidio na Gaeltachta has that angle covered, any start-up bands can have their music publicised on the AnochtFm show..

I'm also a new user :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭kellyreilly

Alan you should have

(a) posted a few threads in other topics

(b) Don't set up 2/3 accounts at once

(c) say alan murphy is ok/not too bad as opposed to ...is alan murphy the really Jesus /

Sincerely

Corina Gavin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

Radiofan and yo!..........that is pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Yo! wrote: »
    I agree RadioFan, I think Alan is a good presenter, sometimes a bit loud but his show is always different and entertaining. He plays the best music on galway bay and he sounds like he enjoys doing his show. He's one of the few young presenters with talent, much better than all the hyper ones on i. plus he is a good news reader, very clear, nice voice and has a great flow. always listen to his show at night time.

Will you play a request next Tuesday for my missus. Do you have any AC/DC? Go on Alan. Thanks a mil. Love the show. Good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 williejoe

als prob a bid annoyed that nath murphy (bbop) dissed him like he did but its not his style to make up fake posts. im not al or nath not have i have previous public connection with the station nor any comment to make on it apart from hilarious it is that former staff tend to diss a place that gave them a break. It's also hilarious that posters here like july and pennyworth who seen to diss the place seem to have an indepth knowledge of it. And dont give me constructive criticism argument. I like radio but i couldnt quote any of the facts about gbfm progs that they do. My radio has a change the tuner dial so if I dont like something I dont listen, but all these saddos seem to say yeah I cant stand it yet seem to know all thats on the keith whinegan show high or the news. Bottom line guys is that it's making a ****load of money every year (thats why twas flogged for 20 million) so im sure it couldnt give a toss about what these saddos (obvious listeners who hate it) think.

Hi or low its willie joe
    :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

snubbleste wrote: »
    The best local news for galway is carried by Raidio na Gaeltachta, it's in-depth, informative and investigative.

Have to agree, Radio Na G is a far better news channel with ( on average) much better presenters .

The last time I listened to GBFM was to catch the scores in some match ...last July I would wager.

I didn't even know who Jimmy Norman IS until I read this thread and now I have found out he exists and is over 21 and with his own Bebo profile I feel dirty :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Willie Joe, the reason I have an unfortunate indepth knowledge is because I have had to work with people who love the bloody station, and haven't had a choice, and have had to stop myself on many an occasion from humming an Aslan track, as the station was literally forced down my neck. So as I said I have an unfortunate indepth knowledge, when I'd rather not..so I feel justified to comment on how rubbish it is..

As for the Love hour post, I challenge any Galwegian to deny listening in at one stage when they were 12 or 13!

Welcome new users:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Wish we had a good Rock Station here, at least a decent Rock Show on local radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Yo!

OK I'm not Alan, but yes I'm a fan of his. What's the big deal? This is one very unfriendly forum, what happened to people just being nice? Posters in here need to just cheer up, we're only having a disussion...chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

Good radio programming seems to be a rapidly diminishing commodity across the board.

Indeed.

If I want to hear music, I fire up Windows Media Player.

If I want to hear talk I tune into newstalk.

I don't know what people's views are on it but I like the lunchtime guy, Moncrieff and Hook although I generally don't hear George Hook's programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

gufcfan wrote: »
    Indeed.

If I want to hear music, I fire up Windows Media Player.

If I want to hear talk I tune into newstalk.

I don't know what people's views are on it but I like the lunchtime guy, Moncrieff and Hook although I generally don't hear George Hook's programme.

How pathetic. Lunchtime guy, Moncrief and George Hook all sign up under the guise of a Galway Utd "fan" just to praise themselves. UGH.

:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Anyone listen to the new station yet? What's it like. I'm afraid to tune into it in case Hector is on.

He should be on the Galway Weirdos thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

I have to say the website is crap! and just a wast! very poorly designed and for Galway with all the I.T companies their is. it should be alot better. One big flash box! is a stupid idea.. like their alot to be said about the radio station. in all they need to get their act together and focus on their Target audience and they only seam to complement elderly people, and i can say this can only make them feel older. the Mind never dies you know! they to like new and vibrant content.

I can see how iRadio may complement the younger audience Galway bay FM lacks and has lost. Flirt FM for now seams to be my choice but an approach like BBC Radio 1 one be more idea. but not a copy! RTE have a bad habbit of copying UK TV which is annoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Did I hear correctly today that you can now sign up for text alerts to alert you as to what Keth Finnegan will be talking about on his show???:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭kellyreilly

Not alone can you receive text msgs to hear what that idiot is on about but they also CHARGE for all msgs received, 15 cents I think !!:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement