Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Bay Fm

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

July wrote: »

Alan Murphy I can handle

Just to qualify my above statement. It came across more negatively than intended. I enjoy listening to his show. He's very upbeat, sounds like a lovely fella, plays the current chart 'hits' and gives a bit of 'celeb gos' to boot.

I had his show on a while ago while driving and it was very enjoyable, shortened my journey, not what you expect from the usually drole GBFM.

Alan, now you've had your start you may soon be ready for pastures new!

Keep up the good work!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 minik

Can I just say that if you don't like Galway Bay fm, then don't listen to it! If you have the time to come on here and complain about it, then find the time to go and get a life! It's a good radio station!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Ive gone i102-104 and never gone back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Blast from the past here, a lot of old threads being pulled up again..Im with Iradio except for the eegits who do late night radio and use every chance they get to use 'curse' words...feckin eegits..oooh cursing on air!!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Well as it's our local broadcaster I think people have a right to complain when some of their coverage isn't up to scratch. A case in point is their post-match analysis. No sooner has the final whistle been blown than its back to Vinny Shaughnessy and "Galway's Perfect Music Mix". Compare this to Mid-West whose coverage is a lot more extensive after a big match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

minik wrote: »
    Can I just say that if you don't like Galway Bay fm, then don't listen to it! If you have the time to come on here and complain about it, then find the time to go and get a life! It's a good radio station!

In fairness you plenty of people can't avoid it. The place where I used to work used to pump it out and there wasn't anything you could do. Of course other stations were put on but we still had to listen to it. As well on the bus and things like that. And it is a God awful radio station IMO.

dartsfan wrote: »
    Well as it's our local broadcaster I think people have a right to complain when some of their coverage isn't up to scratch. A case in point is their post-match analysis. No sooner has the final whistle been blown than its back to Vinny Shaughnessy and "Galway's Perfect Music Mix". Compare this to Mid-West whose coverage is a lot more extensive after a big match.

Agreed.

Another area where Mid-West out-shone GBFM was during the last Government election. Mid west had the Galway results in waaaay quicker than GBFM.

minik wrote: »
    If you have the time to come on here and complain about it, then find the time to go and get a life!

Quite ironic really..:rolleyes:

For all my whinging and giving out about gbfm (which I still hate btw) I just won myself forty yo-yos by entering the 'Mystery Voice' competition. Granted I had to listen to an entire Sting song while on hold and speak on air but I look forward to a year living as a student funded by gbfm's crappy little competitions:)

For all my whinging and giving out about gbfm (which I still hate btw) I just won myself forty yo-yos by entering the 'Mystery Voice' competition. Granted I had to listen to an entire Sting song while on hold and speak on air but I look forward to a year living as a student funded by gbfm's crappy little competitions:)

Congrats!

I know someone who won a hundred euro on the station a few years back and it never came. She had to ring them about it a couple of months later. It came in the end though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

That was you?!

Unfortunately yes..I keep my voice low, and my sentences short and sweet to avoid conversation..and public humilation..still tho, forty quid richer..altho my dad won seventy quid a few weeks back..keepin it in the fam:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

cxcully wrote: »
    Radiofan and yo!..........that is pathetic.
    Sure isn't dat what all the cool kids are saying these days? Assuming "these days" are 1980-something.

Unfortunately yes..I keep my voice low, and my sentences short and sweet to avoid conversation..and public humilation..still tho, forty quid richer..altho my dad won seventy quid a few weeks back..keepin it in the fam:)

How will you get this fabulous prize of 40 yoyo, he never referred to you as Lady Pennyworth! you do realise you'll never live this down :D

Aye tis true tis true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

The people of Galway City and County deserve a better broadcasting service.It is an excercise in mass-excretion of self indulgent,moralising drivel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

People still listen to Galway Bay FM?

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    The people of Galway City and County deserve a better broadcasting service.It is an excercise in mass-excretion of self indulgent,moralising drivel.

They already have it as mentioned earlier in this thread, it's called Raidió na Gaeltachta - a true local station for true local people :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

snubbleste wrote: »
    They already have it as mentioned earlier in this thread, it's called Raidió na Gaeltachta - a true local station for true local people :cool:
    A worthy contender but do they have death notices? That's the ultimate selling point, don't you know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

I102-104

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

snubbleste wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭kellyreilly

And that Keith Finnegan :mad: , completely get on my tits (not literally)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Support your local unlicensed radio stations.

Or setup your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

And that Keith Finnegan :mad: , completely get on my tits (not literally)

Woooahhh ho! Sounds like someone has a story to tell?...was it his boring voice that got ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Woooahhh ho! Sounds like someone has a story to tell?...was it his boring voice that got ya?

may not be the voice.. but i'll tell you what boars the hell outof me when i hear the radio station is the way they deliver the content.. as in the jingles etc.. "Galway Bay FM, the sound of the city" .. BULL****!!! it's like the BULL**** of the city.. LIVE on air!! man.. they need to get with the times and change the common voices, the way they presents stuff... adds etc.. complete change.. make it unfarmilar!
    you can still give the news but drop the hole Galway bay fm thing, really reallly off putting! i feel like i'm back in my childhood,
    This is why no one listens to your station, this is why we can see a new market for a Radio station for the West.

I don't think the people are their to make it change enough to make a vaild difference, for example your website is crap! just flash crap,, can't even get a link to the radio feed.. the student station flirtFM is better!!

So thats my 2Cents...on this.. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

pure legend!!! ;)
    bring on a new radio station for galway!!!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement