Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any Lotus Elise owners here?

Options
  • 19-02-2008 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

This may have been covered already.

Am looking at buying an Elise 111R 2004 with around 20K miles on it. Want an R as opposed to the S for the extra BHP.

I drive less than 10K per year. Usually around 8K per year.

What are they like to live with?

Is servicing expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Shigsy bought one a few weeks back. An 04 too. Dont know of any other users that have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Jizzer wrote: »

Am looking at buying an Elise 111R 2004 with around 20K miles on it. Want an R as opposed to the S for the extra BHP.

Is servicing expensive?

Is the S not similar bhp to the R, excecpt the S is Rover engine, the R is Toyota?
    Anyhoo... with the R being the Toyota plant from the Celica and Corolla T-Sport models, maybe your local toyota garage will service it. It should get 32mpg at least, and should be reliable. Not easy to get in and out of, and you'll feel all the bumps on the road, but go for it. I doubt you'll regret it (unless you're buying purely on asthetics!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

From a friends (bad!) experience I would avoid the rover K-series engine in an Elise. The K-series engines always had a problem with overheating and the elise's engine bay is widely known to be too small to allow good airflow around the engine, recipe for overheating etc.

Also there is one main dealer garage for Lotus in Ireland/Dublin and he may or may not be having serious legal discussions with them, if you get my drift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

At the risk of touting another website there is an informal Irish Lotus Owners Group that has a few Elise owners involved. If you go to www.classiccar.ie and post on the Lotus forum there they can point you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

Jizzer wrote: »

Is servicing expensive?

there are lots of lotus elise owners on Octane.ie
    you should get a good responce there

• Advertisement
Advertisement