Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Visa

Options
  • 19-02-2008 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Any information would be appreciated here.

My position is I am moving to New York in June for a year with my boyfriend. He is going to work for the same company so his visa will be taken care of through work and because we are not married they are treating him as single and going alone. I had heard there is a fiancee category for visa applications but I'm not sure if that means I simply go over on his visa and that allows me to work there?

Otherwise it seems I would have to apply for a H1V and have a sponsor etc. organised. This apparently could take up to October to come through even if I applied for it now and we are supposed to be going in June.

If anyone had any information on the fiancee category that would be great. Or if anyone knew of an Employer possibly Irish who would be willing to sponsor an Irish woman with a third level degree in Law to work in an office or law firm for a year.

Any bit of info here would be very helpful.

Flymo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Welcome to boards.ie

I've moved this over to the Abroad forum, which is more suitable for this! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Look up about the different types of visas here.

Advertisement