Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus MPG

Options
  • 19-02-2008 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently bought a '07 Focus 1.4.
    Currently getting about 22mpg out of it for purely urban driving. Reckon that is a bit on the low side. What mpg does anyone else get?

Thanks
    DJD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

DJD wrote: »
    Hi,

Recently bought a '07 Focus 1.4.
    Currently getting about 22mpg out of it for purely urban driving. Reckon that is a bit on the low side. What mpg does anyone else get?

Thanks
    DJD

My mam has on of these.Realistically in mixed driving, you should about 35 mpg.This translates into about 27mpg for urban driving so your fuel economy is only slightly below average.Of course fuel economy completely depends on how you drive it.You'd be amazed how much more you can get if you drive very gently

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

My 1.6 does between 25 and 45mpg. So it can vary enormously depemdent on urban vs open road driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Also how are you calculating your average MPG or are you going by what the OBC is telling you? The OBC can be inaccurate in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i have a 05 1.4 saloon and get about 600 kms to a tank

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I had a '00 1.4 estate (heavier car). Around town it got about 31-32mpg with nothing but city driving in themorning and evenings and the odd bits at weekends, got between 320-340 miles per tank before the fuel light came on. On long motorway runs it would do 40ish MPG.
    I used to work my MPG out by how many miles I got between the tank being full and the fuel light coming on. I'd see how many litres/gallons it would take to fill it back up to full and calculate the mileage from that. No fancy computers.

Depends how hard your driving it, with alot of fast acceleration to the next set of red lights, it's going to bring your MPG down a good bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

I have a 01 1.6 zetec HB and travel from Wex to Dub twice a day, getting typically 42mpg (that was calculated over a month)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

1.5? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

1.5? :confused:

Typo! :o have edited post above, all is good in the world again, cheers for spotting that Henry

Advertisement