Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Cares???

Options
  • 19-02-2008 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

how many people out there actually care about the result of the U.S. elections and why???:confused:

please tell me!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I do.

Then again, I live in the US.

As for the rest of the world, the US's actions have world-wide reprecussions, for better or worse, depending on who's calling the shots and what decisions they make.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

because it greatly impacts the world in which we live, even if one happens to be too ignorant and dopey to realise it.

great thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Enduro

because it greatly impacts the world in which we live, even if one happens to be too ignorant and dopey to realise it.

:) +1

I care. If you have any interest in politics / how the world is run then it would be remiss/ignorant not to. Its the most powerful position in the world and has a huge impact. The US president can effectively set the agenda for a generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

People who post in the Election 2008 forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭purple'n'gold

This is shaping up to be the election of the “*ist”
    The electorate can be accused of being
    1. Racist
    2. sexist
    3. ageist

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

This is shaping up to be the election of the “*ist”
    The electorate can be accused of being
    1. Racist
    2. sexist
    3. ageist

Thats very true. But still, if your a white male you've got a good head start in American politics!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

i-like-pie wrote: »
    how many people out there actually care about the result of the U.S. elections and why???:confused:

please tell me!

well i can only speak for myself and i for one most definitely care about the result of the U.S. elections

they are one of the most powerful nations in the world who have always spported this country through the good and the damn right bad days. The support from the US of A since this State was first established to the present day support with the peace process and we need it to continue for our own future.

Their MNC's also. Where would Ireland be without these large mostly american Multi-National Companies giving jobs to Ireland? I dread to imagine. If the US government wasn't giving those companies tax breaks to actually set up their companies abroad i can assure you they wont all here after the next Presidential Election.

Whether we like it or not we should care about the results of the US Presidential Elections as Ireland will need to maintain its strong ties and relations with America and that goes straight to te Whitehouse IMHO

Advertisement