Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Philips Fax Machine

• 19-02-2008 9:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭

My Dad has a Philips Magic 5 fax machine which was working perfectly until he moved it to amother part of the house recently. Now the display says " External Phone " and he can't use the fax machine as none of the buttons on the fax will work. There is also a green light light ti the side of the display that keeps flashing. Any advise would be greatly appreciated, have been messing around with the bloody thing for hours now and no joy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

Try all the usuals check the paper, Take the ink out and put it back in again and then reset it.

google the model and find out what that flashing light is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭katieboo

Yeah tried all that and googled it but didn't find anything that could help. Thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Sounds like the original Rj 11 cable was not used in the move.. Find the original lead and it will be fine.. To reconise it look at one end of the rj 11 and the two center wires will be used.. (this end plugs in to the wall) at the other end those same two wires will be to the outer two pins..(this plugs in to the machine)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Yet again Johhnie has beaten me to the post!!! Johnnie, seriously are you online all day!!!!

Ive had this problem before. If you hook up a fax and then run a second phone from it and use a standard reverse crimped rj11 cable with four wires you will get this problem. You must only use a one pair or two wire telehone lead. If you do not have a second handset connected to the fax then it may be the same issue with the main lead. Make sure you either use the original or get one made. If you cant get one I will post you one on the house and you can try it.

Thanks so much jonniem & fusionet problem sorted. never would have figured that one out in a million years. I love that there is always someone on Boards who can help you out when you are stumped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Your very welcome....(Did I get that in before Fusion:D)

Yes, yes you did :D

Advertisement