Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD4 wireless

• 19-02-2008 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭

I'm using wireless internet and trying to play COD4 online but i keep getting disconnected from the internet every time i try and join a server. Not just the game, the whole bloody internet is disconnected for a few seconds until a quit and it has to reconnect. Even them, i gotta restart the computer before i can get back online. Has anyone else had similar experience with this or know what to do? Firewall is grand etc... Any help appreciated! Cheers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Well if its your whole internet connection that goes down then the problem isnt with CoD4, its your connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

I thought that too, but this only ever happens with COD4. I can play other games online grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

actually chances are it is cod4.

what you should try is, refresh the servers, and whens theres about 700 to 1200 servers refreshed, press back and then go back to the servers.
    your net should be ok then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Works grand! thanks a million!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

which one worked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    which one worked?
    Your solution it seems...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I had a similar problem due to wireless, but I downloaded a program called "Wlanoptimizer". Seemed to do the trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Probably your getting bumped from the server because of high pings. Out of date COD or Punkbuster.

Advertisement